Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kait_domingue

Decorating Ideas

kait domingue
21 days ago

I don’t know what to hang on the wall on the side of the TV and on each side of the door. I thought maybe a black bench with pillows and on other side a semi circle table and hang two different pictures on each side of the door. Thoughts

Comments (14)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    21 days ago
    last modified: 21 days ago

Nothing else on the tv wall.Take the dried flowers/vases away.

Get a big rug : ) A generous coffee table. Get some lighting........ focus on those things first, please?

The answer isn't more doo dads. A less fussy console would be in better harmony with the sectional.

• arcy_gw
    21 days ago

I would find taller plants....nothing MORE is needed.

• kait domingue
    Original Author
    21 days ago

Console is the conversation piece. Other designers absolutely love it. Everyone goes crazy over it. I will hang pictures on each side of the door and a table under one picture and then maybe a bench on other side. I want my house cozy and inviting not bland.

• Longbranchstitch
    21 days ago

Jan gave you good advice. It’s your home though so do what pleases you most.

• S J
    21 days ago

The TV wall is fine as is - let the console be the star. Take the dried flowers/vases away.

As Jan said, get a big rug, a large coffee table, some lighting.

• apple_pie_order
    21 days ago

The console is the star. Move the distracting small things elsewhere, then add a rug you love. With the recliner sofa, use side tables with lamps.

• jck910
    21 days ago

Cozy does not mean gray walls, brown sectional and shabby chic TV console. To make those 3 items cozy you need to somehow relate them to each other. As suggested a rug should be your first priority. A warmer wall color. Live plants. Window treatments: not panels or shades maybe roman shades. You have a basket of pillows which works well for cozy where it is, you don't need a bench with pillows. Layer the lighting: The three layers of lighting are known as ambient lighting,task lighting, and accent lighting. Using these three types of lighting in conjunction with other design elements can better ensure a harmonious and well-presented space.

• elcieg
    21 days ago

You are trying to mate disparate styles. The console is shabby chic and the huge reclining sectional doesn't work in the world of shabby chic. If you like the console, you should consider replacing the sectional, adding soft colors, texture, and fabric.

This is a micro-looped, wool area rug from Safavieh .

Conversely, if the sectional is more important to you then to make it work you could do something like this room and t v design.

• kcooz07
    21 days ago

If you want the console to be the star, then let it be. Remove all the extra things on it and pick just one or two that coordinate. Remove the white vase on the left, leave the basket with throws/pillows. You could try removing the flowers from the white vase and putting it on the console with the white bowl.

Start with art on each side of the door and go from there. A rug and end table with lamp or floor lamp to the right of the door. I wouldn't add too many small furniture pieces on the door wall. Are you able to add a coffee table or not due to the reclining sofas?

• kait domingue
    Original Author
    20 days ago

@kcooz07, Yes, I can add a table but not a rug because of my dogs. I do have light colored pillows and blankets to soften up the sectional. I bought a canvas to put up next to the door but need to find another one I like. I don’t want the paintings to match. I feel the vase may be too big for the console. Thanks for the advice!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    20 days ago

I would straighten the TV

Remove some of the accessories

Add a tall tree in the corner

Add a floor lamp on the opposite side.

There are rugs that you can place in the washer.

Your room requires a series of prints or canvases over the sectional.

• lawsonch19
    20 days ago

I agree with removong all of the dried flowers - looks funereal. I would move the long couch (or longest part of the sectional) away from the wall, closer to the TV to make a cozy viewing and conversation area. Following. Good Luck!

• kait domingue
    Original Author
    20 days ago

@lawsonch19 if I remove the flowers from vase what do I put in it?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    19 days ago

Vases can be assembled as just vases. They don't require flowers.