Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_36984579

Exterior paint colour help

User
13 days ago

Having a hard time with picking a new colour scheme for our home. I want it to look more modern without dating it.

Comments (7)

• PRO
    lisedv
    13 days ago

Please post a picture of the house.

• User
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Oops

• littlebug Zone 5 Missouri
    12 days ago

Pretty house. I like the house color but the orangey-red trim is definitely dating. I understand you have cedar accents, but painting something cedar-colored. that’s not cedar, is not attractive. IMO.

How about painting the trim the same color as the house but mixed with 50% white?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    12 days ago

I agree the red trim is the big issue . Maybe as suggested just a lighter shade of the siding . The biggest bang for your buck will be a good cleanup of the porch the landscaping and maybe black trim could work.

• cat_ky
    12 days ago

Very cozy house. I would leave the cedar color, but, would paint the trim, with a similar color as the cedar. The rusty red, doesnt go with the color of the cedar. Once trim is all painted, I would add some furniture to those patios, along with pots of colored flowers, and give the yard a good clean up. By the one entrance, those stones have become a tripping hazard, and I would remove them, and redo the walking area there.

• PRO
    lisedv
    12 days ago

Looks like you've posted another discussion on the same house, here's what I just posted on your other post:

With the colour of your siding, I suggest black trim. Also suggest that you cover the painted columns with wood and stain the same colour stain as elsewhere on the house, with the exception of the 2 areas where you have handrails & columns which I show in black. Improving the landscaping with something that works in your area would also be a plus...

• beeboo22
    12 days ago

Pretty house! Maybe green with brown trim? There are some nice examples here: https://aprylann.com/green-house-with-brown-trim/?amp