Shop Products
gjcore

Another wonderful swap

Thanks to everyone who came today. Always enjoyable to see the gardening folk. Special thanks to Lucy and Camille for hosting.

• 2 months ago

Hear, hear! Always so much fun to see everyone and hear about what's growing (and what isn't).

Yes, thank you Lucy & Camille!

• 2 months ago

Thank you Lucy and Camille! And thanks to everyone for their great plants.

• 2 months ago

It was another wonderful swap. Thanks to all for the great plants, great food and great conversation! Camille and Lucy, thanks for hosting. A special thanks to Skybird and everyone that helped minimize my walking and helping me get the plants I wanted, I appreciate you!

• 2 months ago

Thank you, Camille and Lucy, for hosting another great swap! With all the space you have up there it's just the perfect place to have a swap!

Thanks to Everyone for all the great food and great conversation--even if I didn't know who it was I was talking to much of the time!!! You're all fun Plant People, and that's all I need to know!

I was so falling down tired I didn't even feel coherent most of the time--so if I told somebody to plant something with the "green part" down in the ground--please don't do what I said! I normally give far more "detail" about the plants I'm giving away, but I just wasn't thinking well enough to do that this time! If anybody has any questions about any of the things I brought, please ask here! I'll try to check in here at least once a day just to be sure--but I'm trying to get ready to leave on a trip in a few days, so it might take a few days for me to reply!

The 'Royalty' Ajuga and the black-eyed-susans, Rudbeckia fulgida--the ones that were JUST potted to bring that didn't have ANY foliage showing, please leave them dry until the soil is dry virtually all the way to the bottom of the pot before you water them well again. With no foliage they NEED to dry out between waterings or the roots will start to rot, and if they do that's the end of the game--and of the plants!

If the person who got these was trying to figure out what to do, there was one bag of Iris rhizomes that had a piece of rhizome with NO "fan," or "green growth" on it! If you got that bag, just plant the piece of rhizome "horizontally" with the top of it just barely exposed on the surface! There's a 99.9% chance it'll grow just fine for you--it'll just take a little longer! That's (just!) one of the things I forgot to mention when I was telling about my plants!

If there's a Fall Swap this year, and I'm on the right side of The Hills, I'll be there--hopefully a little bit more coherent!

Thank you again EVERYONE for another successful swap,

Skybird

M 05.13.24 @ 1505 MDT