Shop Products
gogulashanth_sathiyaseelan

seating layout for living room

I have three different possible layouts rendered for my living room but I’m having trouble deciding between the three. I would like some opinion on what y’all think is best.

• last month

I‘ve added some photos of the floor plan with the furniture

• last month

Number 3.

• last month

Well….your drawings don’t seem to be in scale🤷🏻‍♀️…so that didn’t really add any fine tuned detail…leaving me with a “ guess” …that the first layout looks most inviting..tho’ the third one has the added plus of a space in the corner for another handy table in the corner…nicer for when you are entertaining company..you don’t suggest a tv in any of the scenarios?

• last month

I did draw it to scale. One square = 10in.

• last month

Personally I think the sectional is more chic…but another comfort concern is a low back on the seating…not as comfy if you are spending a whole evening watching tv or even just relaxing for long periods of time

• last month

There is a TV above the fireplace that’s mounted on a swivel pull down arm. The TV is viewable in all three configurations.

• last month

That seems high and a good distance from the seating….it appears that an easier location “over the book case “…directly in front of the seating…would allow a simpler, closer.. less precarious placement for viewing….as well as leaving the space over the fireplace for a beautiful piece of art or even an elegant mirror

• last month

The real question is how you intend to use the space. How many of you live here and watch TV in here regularly? Do you have guests over often?

If you have guests frequently: #3 Modified. No to a love seat. Never a good idea. Two people never gravitate towards sitting on them together and they end up just being huge, awkward one person chairs. Instead do #3 but with a second arm chair, same as the one in the drawing, but placed at an angle on the other side of the fireplace.

If you have a rarely or never have guests #2 Modified. Remove the lamp and two chairs. Where the lamp is, put a single arm chair using the nice chair from #3.

Because this sitting area is on the smaller size, I'd do a tufted sofa with legs you can see. It makes the space feel less squished.

I too am curious about putting the TV over the right bookcase. Even though you can use a swing down arm, this room is too beautiful to make the TV the center of attention.

Also, is the rug just a place holder or are you considering that actual rug?

• last month

Number 3.

But if you can use one or two chairs versus the loveseat, even better.

The woodwork in your space is gorgeous, btw.

I never advise sectionals and with achaise for sure not A sofa and 2 chairs are always IMO a better choice for seating that is both comfortable and easy to change if you move or even just a cahnge in the space form time to time. Loveseats are just really a big chair with armrests to far away to help with comfort .

• last month

I can agree with the comment above. I've been remodeling for about 10 years now and have been doing interior design for the last two years. I have always liked the option of a sofa and a few chairs. I think I can offer you a good option that was just used by the people I was renovating last time. I liked the option https://www.valuecityfurniture.com/search/v/shop-all-furniture because I love the ergonomics of this sofa. I was just doing interior design in a similar cottage in a room designed for guests.

• last month

I would decide based on practicality and functionality - what would best suit the needs of your family and when entertaining. All work, but would substitute love seat for chairs.

• last month

Thank you for all the suggestions. I am leaning towards sofa + chairs layout. I ordered a tufted, high leg, small profile leather sofa yesterday. looking for suggestions on accent chair color now.