Shop Products
shive_gw

All Things Seedlings and More

Yesterday, on the hottest day of the year at 98 degrees, we had a serious thunderstorm that knocked out power, and my air conditioning. Luckily the power was restored within just 2.5 hours. We had two more milder thunderstorms after that. My area ended up getting 1.5 inches of much needed rain.

The deer have now taken all of Pretty Desirable, Integrated Logistics, Trance and Shelby.

On a brighter note, my seedlings out of All Things to All Men have started to bloom. They have such pretty faces! Too bad they don't have much plant under them. Grubs have gotten to the roots of most of them. They have not multiplied since last year.

Blue Over You X All Things 1

Well-Known Purple X All Things 2

Tides Roll In X All Things 3 - I put this one in a pot to try to better protect it from the grubs. I hope with all the fertilizer it's growing strong roots.

Now for some registered daylilies.

Canary Flush

Serrated Sentinel

Grandma's Smile

Faith That Moves Mountains

Lonesome Jaguar

Carefree Sunset

Spacecoast Irish Illumination

Debra

• 29 days ago

What lovely seedlings! Blue Over You is appearing to show some blue. Love the edge on the Well Known Purple seedling. What a beauty Canary Flush is. Grandma’s Smile is pretty in the clump and Faith That Moves Mountains has a rich color.

No rain here. My foliage is yellowing and blooms are smaller. A 90% chance of rain today has dwindled to 45%. I will have to drag hoses today if it does not rain.

• 29 days ago

Canary Flush is gorgeous...and I used to not like yellow. daylilies. what a change. Well Known Purple X All Things is lovely, really lovely! Tide Roll X All Things 3 is a keeper. Carefree Sunset is so pretty. what a pretty post; not a stinker in the bunch!

kay

• 29 days ago

Kay - I'm glad you like Canary Flush since it's going to you! Thanks for the seedling comments!

Kate - I had been dragging my hose around for three days, so the rain was much appreciated. Hope you get some precip soon! The first seedling does have some blue in it. I think it looks bluer in person.

Debra

• 29 days ago

I am sure the rain was welcome, but why does it always have to come with bad thunderstorms? The seedlings are beautiful! I especially like the second on--the ruffled edge is very nice--and the third one--I love the dark border around the watermark.

Of the registered ones, I like Spacecoast Irish Illumination and Lonesome Jaguar.

Nancy

• 28 days ago

Nan - I liked getting the rain. But now it seems every time we have a thunderstorm the power goes out. I love the edge on the second seedling too! I'm glad you like the third one. I noticed it had a few teeth on the border with it's second bloom.

Debra

• 28 days ago

Nan - Lonesome Jaguar looks like your kind of daylily. Do you grow that one?

Debra

• 28 days ago

Even though the deer and grubs have taken many, the ones you posted look very good. The first seedling pic looks wonderful. We could use another round of rain here. The last storm gave us a good soaking.

• 28 days ago

You know I like the yellows. S. Irish Illumination always had such pretty form for me with it's ruffles...........Carefree Sunset is a nice pink and I also like Faith That Moves Mountains.....Wish we had some rain. My DH is watering for me now and he's not a happy camper...................Maryl

• 28 days ago

Maryl - SC Irish Illumination has not done well where I have it planted. I do love it's flowers, and hope to give it a prime location in my northern garden. So sorry you are out of commission. It's nice that your DH is watering for you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and some rain,

Debra

• 28 days ago

Julia - I do love that first seedling. I have four others from that cross that I thought would bloom this year, but so far, no scapes on them. This one and another sib first bloomed last year.

Debra