Software
Houzz Logo Print
imsuzz

please help with new paint colour!!!

2 years ago

Need help with new paint colour. We installed new windows and changed sizes. Looking for something lighter or 2tone. Sherwin Williams. Please help

Comments (22)

  • 2 years ago

    Ohh that’s nice! Is this your house?

  • 2 years ago

    I like what you have now but it looks like a different color in each picture. Is it a gray-green? It doesn't look too dark, either. Does it look different in person? Do you not want to lean green or gray?

  • 2 years ago

    It’s a blue gray. Wanting a change

  • 2 years ago

    I lean towards sage with the white windows and maybe brick red for the door as in the example.


    OR maybe a bit darker




  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    For lighter, you might look at SW Repose Gray.






  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    I like the natural almond or a color close to that. You could do a dark color on the gabel to blend with the roof and on the bay.






  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    jck mentioned sage with white that can be really nice. This SW Oyster Bay might be an option. You likely already know colors can really lighten up on the exterior.



  • PRO
    2 years ago

    I do not like almond and white together but I lke the color you have but understand the need for change so I am in th sage camp and then LANDSCAPING big time and at some time an actual driveway even just gravel but framed on the sides to keep it contained I add gravel about every 4-5 yeras to ours works great the trees get water since the gravel lets the water run into the soil

  • 2 years ago

    Thoughts?

  • 2 years ago

    Really hard to judge from those. I’d want some contrast with the white windows/trim so maybe one of the bottom two. You need to get sample cans of paint for testing on all sides of the house. Another option is to order swatches from samplize.com. Their peel and stick swatches are much larger and made with the actual paint vs computer. Big help when we were deciding on exterior colors…along with sample cans.

  • 2 years ago

    These are sample swatches peel and stick. I just taped them

  • 2 years ago

    Down to three colours. Crushed ice. Alabaster , repose gray. I am going to get a sage sample today. Any thoughts on these @patriciacolwellconsulting?

  • 2 years ago

    Pics

  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    Sorry, they looked small compared to the peel and stick I got. I might go with the darker one (Repose Gray?) for contrast with your white. It’s also a warm gray and a nice choice with your roof color, at least from what my screen shows. I would be interested in a sage. This is SW Oyster Bay that another posted shared here recently. Just my opinion but I think you’re smart to keep the siding fairly light.


    ETA - The pic I posted came from this link.

    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6457322/exterior-paint-for-1970-s-ranch-brick-accented-home#n=16

  • 2 years ago

    Thought you wanted something different. Those are all gray. Won't look like much on your house. You really need to paint a much larger square on the house- primed first. At least 3feetx3feet. It's a big decision so do the work to get it right. Although I tend to be over the top trying to get it right.

  • 2 years ago

    “At least 3feetx3feet.”

    Our painters did that for me. I think I drove them a little nuts but it did help.

  • 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

    Agree with larger samples - you could get a lot of green "bounce" from the surroundings and it can affect the color (that happened to us and all the colors we were liking ended up looking lavender)

  • 2 years ago

    Love this palette, and your dog.

  • 2 years ago

    Ok down to jogging path or alabaster

  • 2 years ago

    Couple more pics

  • 2 years ago

    I like the darker one!

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz