Software
Houzz Logo Print
ahelton142

Painting cabinets

13 years ago
I'm playing with the idea of possibly painting cabinets antique off white color . When we moved here in march I decided to keep the wood but now I'm wondering if I should paint them. What do you think? Ignore appliance stainless are coming ! I also put a pic of the countertops I painted !

Comments (38)

  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I would paint the cabinet a buttery colour and change the hardware if you want a different look, paint first and then decide once you have the appliances , .They are not cheap to replace :)

    butter cookie CSP-995 · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    That's the color I was thinking of . It's not green lol I'll send another pic. That's is new hardware.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I had to change the prior answer ,I had just noticed that you are replacing the appliances
    and the hardware looks good .

    For the walls I would go green this is an example to begin with ,now let me see what else I can find :)
    butter cookie CSP-995 · More Info

    Barefoot in the Grass CSP-840 Paint · More Info

    Midcentury Mosaic Tile · More Info

    Woodlawn Blue HC-147 by Benjamin Moore · More Info


    you will probably change the floor so lets just think about the back splash for now ,these will tie it all together the green ,the cabinets and the appliances
    MISTED GREEN BLEND BRICK PATTERN 1/2X2 MARBLE & GLASS TILE BRICKS · More Info
    ]
  • 13 years ago
    Wow good job on the countertop paint. Who knew it could painted and look so good? I like the idea of a cream cab paint with a brown glaze that would highlight the grooves/edges.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    ....and an idea on how it would look with the green
    The home of Stella and Joeri · More Info


    Blue Ridge Kitchen · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    I will be adding a backsplash once I decide on the kind I want. This is new paint color. I've put a pic on here of the god awful room I started with l. This is a pic of my wall color also.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks I couldn't afford new counters so I just went for it!!!
  • 13 years ago
    beat you to It:))
  • 13 years ago
    Keeping my parquet floors. Love them they are the thick good stuff.
  • 13 years ago
    Didn't realize the new walls were already beige. In that case, I probably would go green or chocolate brown on cabs if you can find a green that has brown in it.
  • 13 years ago
    I was thinking about the thermoplastic Bermuda bronze for backsplash. What do you think about that. It's kinda like this backsplash but lighter. It's a mixture of copper color and stainless color?
  • 13 years ago
    Since you are keeping your parquet floors, and you are so good at painting (nice job on the counters btw), how about staining them dark;)
    FLOORING! Think outside the box! · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    This is the Bermuda bronze
  • 13 years ago
    Definitely paint cabinets. You have allot of wood happening there with floor being very similar colour.
  • 13 years ago
    Oh lord that would be a chore lol I've got about 1300 square foot of parquet. About half the house !
  • 13 years ago
    It would be an amazing improvement tho;)
  • 13 years ago
    I agree it's a lot of wood. I had rugs down to break it up but we have a new old English bulldogge pup and rugs had to go for now.
  • 13 years ago
    I will take the dog, you stain the wood;)
  • 13 years ago
    Yes it would be great improvement! I wonder how much work that would take ?
  • 13 years ago
    My husband wants one soooo bad. What is his/her name?
  • 13 years ago
    Sand and stain.
  • 13 years ago
    This is max! 5 months old about 35 lbs lol .
  • 13 years ago
    He is adorable!!!!!
  • 13 years ago
    Does Max have funny teeth?
  • 13 years ago
    Yep he does ! Not real bad underbite but some ! Such great dogs!
  • 13 years ago
    OK back to the kitchen. The floors stained dark would look so good against the creamy cabinets and the stainless steel appl. It will give the whole thing a rich look. Think about it, it is not something you will probably do after everything else is done. So.....now it the time;)
  • 13 years ago
    Not sure everything else will ever be done. Had a house full if wallpaper when I moved here. People are amazed with transformation thru out the house but I'm not done yet lol
  • 13 years ago
    As far as the backsplash- I love copper as a contrast with stainless!
  • 13 years ago
    I feel your pain with the wallpaper, I had that too when I bought this house I am in now,,,every room the most atrocious colors lol
  • 13 years ago
    Well it was either copper or this pic. That I love !!!'
  • 13 years ago
    OK, I too love that last pic you show but cleaning grease of the stove could be tricky;)
  • 13 years ago
    I had thought if I do this I may still use copper over the stove.
  • 13 years ago
    Beware of getting to busy with the backsplash with the counter.
  • 13 years ago
    Not a lot if backsplash area to do. It's only a 12 x 9 galley
  • 13 years ago
    Yeah I thought about that too. That's why I've about decided on copper
  • 13 years ago
    I hope you keep us posted along your journey. Before I sign off for now, I hope you really think about the floor, it is a key element;)
  • 13 years ago
    I will thanks !!!