Software
Houzz Logo Print
rosepetals1924

Can't decide on finish for breakfast nook light fixture...

We are working on a new build, and while I've decided on my light fixtures for the kitchen and great room, I'm stuck on the breakfast nook. This is an open floor plan so you can see the great room, kitchen, and breakfast nook fixtures all at the same time. The great room chandelier is matte black, and the kitchen island pendants are brushed brass, as are the rest of the fixtures and hardware in the kitchen. Which of those two finished should I choose for the breakfast nook? I've included photos of each of these fixtures as well as the two options for the breakfast nook and the floor plan. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!







Comments (9)

  • PRO
    last year

    Hi rosepetals1924


    Send me the picture of your kitchen so I can see the rest of the design and help you choose.

    home@carolevaudable.com

  • last year
    last modified: last year

    I don't think that linear pendant relates to you family room chandelier at all, specially with different style and finish.

    What view do you have out those breakfast area windows? When deciding, think about how the fixture will block some of the view.

  • last year

    what kind of table do you have for the breakfast nook?

    I'd find something to compliment the kitchen island.

  • last year

    Brass

  • last year

    Thank you all for your input!

    @Carole Vaudable the kitchen does not exist yet so no photos. It will have white shaker perimeter cabinets with an inset bevel detail and a medium toned stained island. Taj Mahal Quartzite countertops. Brushed brass hardware and fixtures. Medium tone oak wood floors. White windows. Hope that helps give an idea of the kitchen style.

    @chispa I am definitely open to other styles of breakfast nook chandeliers as well, what style would you suggest for complimenting the great room chandelier?

    The house is on property and those windows look out at our horse pastures and the mountains, so I definitely don't want to lose my view!

    @Lyn Nielson we will have a rectangular wood breakfast table in that spot.

    Thank you @littemissdena for your input!

  • last year
    last modified: last year

    @chispa here is another style I had considered. This one also comes in brass. I'm not very good at this, thus why I'm here to glean wisdom from you all!


  • PRO
    last year

    I mean this in the nicest was possible but the three light fixture you are showing looks like a tract home island light. I think the breakfast room light should be brass versus black, but why either? It could be vintage, wood, wicker,,, if you are struggling with this fixture just select it later. We waited a year to install our dining room chandelier- it’s fine. They just put a blank plate on it in the meantime.

  • last year

    Thank you @HALLETT & Co.

  • PRO
    last year

    I agree those are all builders choices and if thta is the case use them until you can get some really nice stuff. IMO FR fixtures need to light the space not the ceiling and that light you show is awful for that purpose and those tiny bulbs are useless . I have no clue as to your style but those lights do not work together . I often tell my clients take the cheapest bulider choice to get the inspection before move in then take your time choosing the right lighting for each space . Your furniture drives lighting choices and thta tells us a bit about your style. I think lighting is ahuge things to get right and best done slowly to get it right . Do you even know what table is gling in thta breakfast room it is very tight space for table and chairs in the 8' so the light has got to be right.