Software
Houzz Logo Print
betty71

Holy wallpaper Batman

13 years ago
Everyone has been fantastic helping with my dining room issue so I thought I would throw this out there. Just moved and I actually kind of like this wallpaper but how can I update this small bathroom using it? The pattern is in sort of a deep purple tone.

Comments (35)

  • 13 years ago
    The mirror and shelf were here when we got here so they are optional.
  • 13 years ago
    Where is Genevieve? I bet she will have some great ideas;) oh, Genivieve, where art thou?
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I will say one thing, I would paint the ceiling a shade of purple in the paper;)
  • 13 years ago
    Margo,
    The room is small and dark but the ceiling is high. Do you think that would close it in?
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    No, paint it a lighter shade but one enough to add to the drama;) if you are nervous. Me, I would go the deepest purple and highlight the room with silver;) Is there a place for a small bling chandy?
  • 13 years ago
    Just for fun, check this wallpaper out! It is damaged (and ugly) so it is going away but imagine my horror upon first sight! If this house wasn't in the perfect neighborhood with good schools, the perfect floor plan and a great pool with waterfall, that wallpaper would have been a serious deal breaker.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    A circus it is;( but the good news is that when you are done you will have a great sense of accomplishment.') plus the rest sounds wonderful, so what's a little paper
  • 13 years ago
    Margo,
    I wish I could fit something in there but it is TINY. The only way is to hang something over the toilet. I don't even know where to start with things like hand towels, soap dispenser, and pretty things.
  • 13 years ago
    The shelf is too cheap looking for the wallpaper. Think higher end accessories and glam it up as Margo suggested.

    Venetian mirror over sink.
  • 13 years ago
    Right here Margo:) Let me think for a second :))
  • 13 years ago
    Can you show us a pic of the ceiling?
  • 13 years ago
    Stripe has to go! But what a trade off for pool with waterfall!

    Best investment I made recently was paying someone to remove the wallpaper in my dining room.
    I still liked it but it was time for a change.
  • 13 years ago
    I gotta go to Home Depot now. but I will be back to see what Genivieve and Judy M have whipped up for you;)
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Aladdin has found his rug :) now let see what else I can find, I love this wallpaper it almost seems to be transported in a far away exotic land .

    Fantasy Modern Shag Bath Rug from Vita Futura · More Info
    ]

    Linen Turkish Towel Pestemal With Lilac Stripes · More Info



    about adding a little something

    Florita 1-Light Sconce · More Info


    Extra Pure Liquid Soap: Fragrance Free | Pieces · More Info

    La Bain Cream Porcelain Parisian Style Bath Accessories · More Info


    Faux Bois Bracket · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you guys! I also like the drama and thought the shelf was too Meh for the space. Genevieve, I thought the same thing when I saw it. My husband saw it and said it was right up my alley haha. I think they had the right IDEA with the mirror but execution was poor (and boring).
  • 13 years ago
    I am not usually a purple lover but love the color of that rug.
  • 13 years ago
    Judy,
    There is a silver towel ring right next to the sink which I like.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    For the mirror I think that an oval with bring softness and luxury at the same time if you you like you could even add some stick on to it ,like a delicate branch of small leaves cascading from the top side. or get one Etched for you ,you get to choose the pattern

    http://www.customglasssigns.com/images/custommirror3.jpg

    Howard Elliott "Queen Ann" Antique White Mirror · More Info


    For the window something simple

    http://www.potterybarn.com/shop/rugs-windows/roman-shades/?cm_type=gnav
  • 13 years ago
    If you use acrylic items they disappear thus making a room look larger.I cant seem to get photos to attach perhaps someone else can locate some to show you.
  • 13 years ago
    Acrylic is nice , I don't think that it would work for this style
  • 13 years ago
    Judy I like the etagere ,one in a golden tone ,like a brushed or antique metal finish perhpas ,what do you think?
  • 13 years ago
    I'd love an etagere but the room is so tiny, I don't think one will fit
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Then some floating glass shelves perhaps:)

    ro

    I have one of these and its perfect

    Hotel Wall Medicine Cabinet · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Wallpaper is removable. Rent a streamer and get busy. It's awful. Bring it into the 21 century.
  • 13 years ago
    I wall papered my powder room and made sure you knew it was wall paper. I wanted something dramatic and different (for me). I found the mirror and the lamp on sale (my shopping accomplice spotted the light first!) I did not want a true towel bar, but wanted to hide the outlet so I just found a big black coat hook instead for little towels. At Christmastime I hung the crystals and other ornaments in the window ( privacy was not an issue with that little window). I just never took them down afterwards. It has been like this for almost 10 years and I am not tired of it.
    I like your bird wallpaper, why don't you make it work for you, rather than remove it?
  • 13 years ago
    @ Ikdrew love the decor that you and your accomplice have done ,the mirror isn't really showing its beauty
    perhpas if you chose one with an ivory frame you will probably get more splendour . the window crystals are whimsical .
  • 13 years ago
    thanks Genevieve. I can try to paint some lighter tones on it to make it pop off. It really does not show as well in photos as it does when you are in front of it.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I love this wallpaper! You have some good suggestions for accessorizing but I would opt for a deeper plum vs. a true purple... I would also suggest a window valance that is flouncy and formal like this Austrian shade, again using a silky fabric in plum trimmed with crystals. [houzz=
    Formal Powder Room · More Info
    ]

    I love Genevieve suggestion of the Florita wall sconces and the oval mirror!
  • 13 years ago
    Check dimensions of etagere, it's small meant to sit next to sink on floor.
  • 13 years ago
    Ikdrew, love your powder room!

    So many wonderful ideas! Thank you so much!
  • 13 years ago
    I think the wall paper and sink are lovely. I would suggest finishing the window trim and adding a taped roman shade. Higher base moldings, and a more detailed mirror would look well here. Lighting seems to present your best opportunity to keep the look current; look for cleaner lines in this feature - the more florid, the more traditional/dated.
    [houzz=
    Bath Renovations · More Info
    ]