Software
Houzz Logo Print
worthyfromgardenweb

Alien posters on Houzz: Hold Your Tongue!

7 months ago
last modified: 7 months ago

A word to the wise. A proposed new rule (link) from US Customs and Border Protection will require all I-94 visitors to the US, including those from the, "mean and nasty" (link) north, to report all their social media accounts, phone numbers and addresses upon entry.

So avoid posting critical comments of traditional classical design. That means white columns, repetition and gold, gold, gold. Make America Beautiful Again!

Comments (16)

  • 7 months ago

    I appreciate trying to find the humor in this sad and scary immigration landscape.

    worthy thanked Kendrah
  • PRO
    7 months ago

    Thanks, I have a project in Canada and I take I-94 to the Blue Water Bridge to get there.

    worthy thanked Mark Bischak, Architect
  • 7 months ago

    On the way to Detroit for a flight to Chicago, I was once held at that bridge by US Customs for a half hour while they searched my rented car, belongings and me looking for who knows what till I was released. Never again!

  • 7 months ago

    They (Customs on both sides) do have to perform a certain number of random searches, sucks to be the chosen one!
    It happened to me and the kids on our way into Canada, on our way to a swim meet….the Canadian Customs guy was really , annoyed on our behalf
    , but we did not think it was a big deal.

  • PRO
    7 months ago

    I was pulled off to the side and searched at the Jackson Hole Airport once and they used me as a training exercise to train new staff. The whole time I repeated the montra silently to myself, "Don't fool around, don't fool around, don't fool around, . . ."

  • 7 months ago

    Mark, I-94 and I-94, you have a double whammy.

  • PRO
    7 months ago

    Ya, If I take I-94 the wrong way I end up in Madison, Wisconsin and do not need I-94.

  • 7 months ago

    Just an FYI for others, I-94 is the name of a travel document used by Customs and Border Patrol to document the length of intended stay for someone entering the U.S. Canadians are generally not required to have an I-94 document.



  • 7 months ago

    If I did not live in this (freedom of speech institutionalized) country it would be another reason not to visit. Foreign tourism numbers were already down.

  • 7 months ago

    Have a friend married to a (European country) citizen who came to the US as a child 60 years ago. Last fall, he accidentally let his green card lapse by a very short time, and he is still waiting for the replacement; he was told it could take a year to process. This person worked for many years in the US as a chef until disabled in an accident, and he paid into SS all along. He now collects SSDI.

    His wife has always been pretty outspoken politically, but she's laying low right now. They worry a lot. Of course, as a tall, white, northern European, he's probably safe.

  • PRO
    7 months ago

    Tongue in cheek, maybe?

    All Customs cares about is the U S liquor going north.

  • 7 months ago

    @sushipup2 -I'm not naive to the tricks of the current administration. However... as an FYI (though I presume your friends know this) his legal permanent residency status is not being readjudicated because the card expired. He is still an LPR. The card is just physical evidence to show an employer.


    Plus, green cards are valid for 36-months after the expiration date. He can use his notice of receipt of application of renewal (issued by USCIS) along with his expired green card as the equivalent of his green card.


    Unless he has red flags that prevent him from naturalizing, I'd sure as heck do so now! Although all kinds of rights are being ignored, naturalized citizens have more rights than LPRs.





  • 7 months ago

    They know all that, but it does not help relieve the anxiety.

  • 7 months ago

    I removed my comment because I forgot which forum I was on. Too personal for here.

  • 7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

    Canadians are generally not required to have an I-94 document.

    The proposed change affects those who plan to stay for more than 29 days.

    Here are the proposed "high value data fields" that would have to be disclosed.



    How quaint and distant a memory when I would cross the Rainbow Bridge to Niagara Falls, N.Y. several times a day for an event at the Niagara Falls Convention Center. (Or to buy cheaper gas.)