Software
Houzz Logo Print
chloebud

Cooler Weather Dinner

11 days ago

So we’re having a “cooler spell” with 80 degree highs. I bought a couple chuck roasts since they were $6/lb. My two go-to’s for pot roast are from the Silver Palate and Ina G (her Company Pot Roast). This time it was the Silver Palate’s with even tastier leftovers. Would love to hear other favorites.

Comments (9)

  • 11 days ago

    I'm planning cabbage and tomato soup with tiny beans.

    chloebud thanked plllog
  • 11 days ago

    plllog, that sounds really good to me!👍🏻

  • 11 days ago

    Hubs threw together a kitchen sink chili last night! Getting ready for soup season! (IDK why it has to be raining or cold/cloudy to make soup, but that's the way I roll!)

    chloebud thanked Nancy Todd
  • 11 days ago

    Chloe, that sounds so delicious. I always love pot roast.

    chloebud thanked westsider40
  • 11 days ago

    I have both a slowcooker and an instant pot, and use them both a lot. I love pot roast and stew, and navy bean and split pea soups. Sometimes yellow split pea soup is good too.

    chloebud thanked hobbitmom
  • 11 days ago

    I wish chuck roast were $6/lb here... I'll grab and run if I see that anytime soon at the local market.


    But I do love pot roast and beef stew, those are cool-weather go-to's for me if I want something easy. I also tend to make stuffed cabbage more often in colder months but that's more labor-intensive.


    I'm not a soup person. DH makes a couple of good bisques and a good corn chowder but that's about the extent of my soup eating.

    chloebud thanked porkchop_z5b_MI
  • 10 days ago

    “Today it was 65 here…”

    I’ve always said I’m happy with 65-70 temps, and one reason I like our winters here.

  • 10 days ago

    It's fine. But I think 77-80 is my happy place. Much under 65 and I'm miserable....

    chloebud thanked plllog
Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert