Software
Houzz Logo Print
marcommom

Help me replace the marble in this plan

17 hours ago
last modified: 26 minutes ago

Please don't tell me to change anything existing in this space except what to replace the marble with for a more soothing design.


A designer worked this wall up for us and as we're doing the install I'm realizing I don't want the marble for many reasons. It's a great room and we have marble in 2 places already, and I just have this feeling it will be passé sooner than later. I like everything else in the plan - we already own the console, and the white ledgerstone and shelves have already been installed at left. When we got to the acoustic panels, which are a soft charcoal, we needed to stop. The marble wasn't feeling right.


The arrow pointing down is where we had to add the same ledgerstone in a vertical pattern to make up for 9 inches the designer left out. The TV has to be centered where it is. Ignore right arrow. The chair we chose has an MCM design with medium wood arms.


So now I'm trying to figure out what to do in that space. We have an MCM teak dining set, the console is mangowood, the fixtures are a matte burled-looking gold with gingko leaves, and with the stone, panels and console I feel we have enough bold-ish pattern so I'd like something more "soothing," for lack of a better word. I've toyed with seagrass wallpaper (too patterny?)or a much softer marble in that space, continuing the black panels (too much black), or adding another shade of panel (too patterny and contrasty?), or simply painting behind the TV as we have to paint the space to the right anyway.


There's plenty going on in this great room. I appreciate your input!



Comments (5)