Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_809902610

New chain saw Battery Saw?

yesterday

On Saturday we cut some limbs at my daughter's and today I decided to take out a stump from a three I had cut several years ago. On Saturday the saw cut fine, but to day I got about 85% through the 8" stump and the saw stopped. In the past the plug came loose, but not this time. Right now the saw is dead.

The saw is a corded 14" Poulan electric chain saw that I purchased about 1983. It was perfect for my use around the yard. The rest of the time it was used to cut limbs and an occasional tree that fell in the yard, some quite large diameters. While most of the time I did two hand cuts, it was light enough that for some incidences it could be handled easily with one hand.


Having such good luck I have thought about staying with the corded saws similar to my old Poulan. but would consider a battery powered saw. I am concerned with a battery the saw would be significantly heavier the the Poulan, though from what I have read the battery saw give performance equal to the corded ones. I also have a concern about time per charge. Some time I have spent hours cutting up trees and logs.


I am sure there are others who have had to bury the Poulan saws. Of you who use yours similar to me, what would you recommend as a replacement.