Software
Houzz Logo Print
katrina_fairley

Where can I get these shades of the Climatron?

13 years ago
TC Howard designed the Climatron geodesic domed greenhouse in1959.
Silicon Valley residence · More Info

Comments (2)

  • 12 years ago
    Hate to tell you but that is a photo of The Climatron in St. Louis designed by my father, architect and engineer TC Howard of Synergetics, Inc. It was the first geodesic dome greenhouse. Buckminster Fuller did Not design it or work on this project. Thanks for the print contact. You might want to check the photos before naming something. The Montreal Expo was designed by Bucky Fuller's partner Shoji Sadao and it is only geodesic at the top. Buckminster Fuller was Not an architect nor an engineer. He patented the geometry for geodesic domes. To bad TC Howard used Duncan Stuart's mathematics to design the Climatron pictured on the shades.
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks for the clarification Katrina. I will be sure to update the client when I am next in touch with him although I think the apartment has since sold. Fuller is so often associated with the geodesic dome because, as you say, he is credited with their geometric conception. We will rename the image The Climatron by TC Howard
Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!