Software
Houzz Logo Print
l34nelson

Advice Needed

13 years ago
I purchased furniture at a design store using their complimentary decorator. I was very pleased with my experience and I love my furniture. The curtain quote was outrageous, so I hired my own seamstress at a fraction of the cost. The decorator suggested that I just buy the fabric we had picked out at their store. I told her that fabric was too expensive. So, I hired her independently to find fabric elsewhere to keep my overall cost low. Here is the problem. She emailed me the fabric info and the cost is $90 per yard. Is this reasonable? Basically, I paid her for several hours plus travel time to find the same fabric cost of what her store was charging. I told her I was shocked at the price and she reassured me that we can regroup and look for less expensive fabric. I thought that was our original plan, but now she will require additional paid time to continue searching.

Is this a reasonable expectation on her part given the circumstances? Any suggestions on how to handle this matter?

Comment (1)