Software
Houzz Logo Print
sjurgens

Backsplash ideas ~thanks~

13 years ago
Looking for backsplash suggestions?! I am leaning toward glass tiles going all the way to the ceiling. I would like to keep the color light. I'm not a fan of the vertical tiles. Also may consider something with a design so long as it stays classic. Please send me any ideas u got.
~thanks~

Comments (63)

  • 13 years ago
    I love light gray glass subway tiles! I hope to do them in my next home!
  • 13 years ago
    What do u all think about the 3x12 glass subway tile?
  • 13 years ago
    San Jose Res 2 · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    OR this could be mmmmm nice :
    Mill Valley, CA · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Smaller but could be very nice:
    Creeks Edge Hand Painted Glass Mosaic Subway Tile, Sample · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    would you get a closer view of the counters please?
  • 13 years ago
    ??
    Magnolia Residence 02 · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Traditional kitchen · More Info


    The Olivers House · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    safe:
    Houzz Tour: A Labor of Modern Love in Costa Mesa · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Could this be the4 same on just closer view:
    Houzz Tour: A Labor of Modern Love in Costa Mesa · More Info
    Sarah thanked bananamamma
  • 13 years ago
    Granite is titanium.
  • 13 years ago
    The porcelain pebbles are fun.
  • 13 years ago
    Annalise, i do love the green just not sure i will want it forever. Leaning toward the pearl or the light grey. Anyone had experience with the pebble backsplash?
  • 13 years ago
    No pebble it's more of a cottage look. You need clean sleek look. With some glitz. Pearl is best.
  • 13 years ago
    By the way love your kitchen. Bar stools work.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks Travis interior!
  • 13 years ago
    Last couple questions. Are u thinking the glass tile in pearl or grey or something with both? Also, i do LOVE my Emeco stools! Originally i had ordered white leather and when they arrived they were made for a giant. These were my get by till i figure it out stools. I can keep them in the kitchen or i could order the Emeco with backs. Would that work? Just for comfort purposes the backs would be nice.
  • 13 years ago
    Hi sjurgens...i like those stools alot too and even wondered about doing a stainless backsplash, but then realized that you may not have those stools forever. I think travisinteriors didn't understand about the white stone 'pebbles' that you referred to, you have to hit the link to see them (couldn't do it any other way) I think they're awesome, they're more like white poreclain 'bubbles' than pebbles, with white grout they would be quite spectacular albeit a bit expensive. Good point about the stools having backs, I think you should go ahead and order them so you can relax and enjoy your island.
    Your titanium granite is beautiful and quite alot of movement in it so go with something more monotone for your backsplash....pearl would definitely give you a little *bling factor, there are pearl tiles in the website I sent you. It looks like you have white throw cushions on the couch so that would go nicely. You can then add a pop of colour with accessories...red one week, green, yellow etc... inexpensively with vases and towels etc.. what fun! what a nice palate!
  • 13 years ago
    You could mix gray and white iredence. Pearl diamond grout. Backs on stools would work.
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you! Thats what i am going for. I love to change things up. The plan is to do this reno once and be able to completely change the color any time i want. We bought this place two years ago and after tearing out many walls, new trim, doors, floors, windows, almost a kitchen and painting numerous times i think we are almost there...yay!!! I am so thankful for all the great ideas!!
  • 13 years ago
    Is this pattern good or better just to stick with brick layer look?
  • 13 years ago
    so i got nosey and looked at your link bananamamma - those ceramic white pebbles are seriously cool! very nice suggestion.....rah rah shis gum ba
  • 13 years ago
    And yes i love white accents! I have lots of white and green.
  • 13 years ago
    sjurgens? That pattern is spectacular! would you do it in the grey and white? also nice to differentiate spaces using that as an offset pattern to a more plain 'brick' look ie: over stove etc.. I think if you're using a pearl tile, one colour is enough, the sheen will be apparent even in one colour.....two colours will get too busy with your counter.... finally found what I was looking for, here you go....
  • 13 years ago
    You may have to join if you haven't already, but this is a great forum with lots of photos of peoples kitchens and backsplashes.....they are as diverse as the world is diverse! seems the backsplash is a very personal thing ! lol


    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg011253185075.html?de3783324301ecc7a7e14b326137d90a&rnd=oseKr
  • 13 years ago
    I still kinda lean toward the pebbles though....they're not cottage look at all.....oh wait, I suppose it depends on the cottage !
  • 13 years ago
    The "pebble" look is cute but I have to say if you cook as much as we do at my house, I'd be worried about cleaning them. After all, grease gets every where in the kitchen. Just a thought.
  • 13 years ago
    True mitra9 but any back splash takes a beating, you have to have the right grout and make sure they're sealed properly and it shouldn't be any worse than the 2"x4" tiles....don't you think?
  • 13 years ago
    Any likes on these?
  • 13 years ago
    I agree pebbles are cool but probably not minimum maintenance. I may try them out in a bathroom. I have several of them that need some serious upgrading.
  • 13 years ago
    Or...
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Darn....lost my post while finding the following photo...it went something like this " love x 3 the plain glass tiles" also the white ones as it just makes it all relaxed and tidy and fresh looking! but that's me and I ended up choosing bead board because I liked the tidy lines and my granite is very active and in creams and blacks....I didn't want anything dark and didn't want to commit to tiles....now am struggling with a splash area over the sink but suspect I'm going to buy some craft waterproofing paint to fix the area....see? it's ongoing! the following is a fun idea for laundry or powder room ?? it's the pebbles but in blues :-)

    Woodinville Retreat · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Someone posted on another post. A herringbone concave travertine. In a pearl cream very nice. Do something different. I like to think out side the box . See other post for ideas on backsplash.
  • 13 years ago
    Ck, edenmosaictile.com some amazing stainless. Look like mirrors. Would be perfect.
  • 13 years ago
    It's on banana mama post from yesterday.
  • 12 years ago
    @bananamama - at least the 2x4 is flat. I have experienced both and like the flat back splash probably because I'm short and is easier for me to clean without too much scrubbing ;-)

    I still like the "pebble" look though but maybe as an accent rather than all over.
  • 12 years ago
    Hi I'm curious what is ur cabinet and flooring?
  • 12 years ago
    The cabinets are Birch with a custom stain. Floors are pecan wood by Mannington. The color I believe is tobacco.
  • 12 years ago
    Currently deciding whether to go with dark cabinets and dark floors. Seeing this made me make up my mind. This wood be my inspirations, thanks. I picked birch cabinets with midnight stain and I'm thinking about white oak with medium brown stain.
  • 12 years ago
    Sounds beautiful! I'm no pro at taking pictures. My kitchen looks even better in person. My floors have a lot of color variation which is hard to see in the photos. They are not at all the same color as my cabinets. I think that what u have to shot for. Compliment but not the same. I was so scared of getting too dark. However, when it came down to crunch time i went with what i wanted vs what everyone thought was a good idea. No regrets!
  • 12 years ago
    I found a picture that shows off the floor a little better. It was taken before everything was complete. Imagine it with big white trim. I love it!
  • 12 years ago
    Beautiful.
  • 12 years ago
    This photo came off of Houzz. It is pretty darn close to my cabinet color.
  • 12 years ago
    How about a glass herringbone?
  • 12 years ago
    The herringbone is beautiful,
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Here is a look at our backsplash section if you like Subway tile and want to get a feel for what our subway tile will look like installed. I think if you want classic a simple white, khaki, or smoke grey would be your best bet. Let us know if we can help you get a few samples for comparison. http://www.houzz.com/projects/142106/Glass-Tile-Backsplashes-by-SubwayTileOutlet
  • 12 years ago
    HI sjurgens can you tell me how the floor is holding up? Considering this but with children I worry about softer woods and dents etc.. Is this a softer wood?
  • 12 years ago
    Floor is holding up great! I do have a few dents from a broken bowl. I filled them and they blend right in. It has imperfections already in the wood which I love. The only thing I will say is that it is crazy hard to keep clean. (3 kids) Other than that everyone that walks through the door comments on the great floor (: