Software
Houzz Logo Print
pookie5162

Old fireplace. New fireplace

12 years ago
Contractor Brendan and his crew made this beautiful fireplace for our newly purchase home in South Carolina, thanks to Luis and his son.

Comments (18)

  • 12 years ago
    Nice change :) Love your wall color too.
    pookie5162 thanked Denita
  • 12 years ago
    Hope the new one is the smaller picture of the one with the bricks, it is lovely.
    pookie5162 thanked User
  • 12 years ago
    Yes it is the one with the brick that is the new one sorry for the confusion ,
  • 12 years ago
    I love the new fireplace. I bet you do too.
    pookie5162 thanked Emmadunkirk
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Is that really the same fireplace? Amazing transformation to your space. Love that you carried the stone all the way to the ceiling. Nice neutral stone choice too; I might have picked a lighter tone for the hearth stone, but it's nice that it highlights the grays throughout the fireplace. Enjoy your new fireplace! :)
    pookie5162 thanked Brown Bros. Masonry
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I love it. How much did you spend on material? What are the dimensions of the fireplaces? Just curious. Thanks.
    pookie5162 thanked User
  • 12 years ago
    Materials were $4900. It is 72 inches long and 14 foot high
  • 12 years ago
    Looks good. I think the mantle is too small. Not proportional to the size if fire place. I think it would look great a bit wider, and thicker. Maybe a log? Even a lighter color stain?

    I love the rock tho. I'm thinking of doing the same
    pookie5162 thanked pcride
  • 12 years ago
    The only piece we had to pick from was this one the other was over the size and it would hang over.
  • 12 years ago
    Love
    pookie5162 thanked Sandra I
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks , no tv in that room it's only for conversation. Thanks for making me laugh
  • 12 years ago
    This I bet cost a lot more than the original fireplace BUT THE STONE LOOKS FAKE!
  • 12 years ago
    The stone is real and very heavy
  • 12 years ago
    I really like that you moved it away from the corner and centered it in the room. Nicely done!
    pookie5162 thanked flbkroxie
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    great finish!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Nice!
  • 12 years ago
    Stone looks fantastic! Beautiful job.