Software
Houzz Logo Print
kristingcortez

Recommendations for Appliances - Blue Star, Liebherr, Bosch

12 years ago
Hello all, I am in the process of picking out new appliances and it is overwhelming as you can read positives and negatives about every manufacturer. At this point, we are leaning towards a Liebherr Refrigerator, 36" Blue Star Range and Bosch dishwasher. I am also considering Wolf but really like Blue Star. Any thoughts on these brands, other things to consider I would appreciate it! Our budget is around $15,000 for appliances.

Comments (12)

  • 12 years ago
    One thing you will want to keep in mind is that the color of stainless steel can look dramatically different from one mfg to the next. I learned this the hard way -- my Jenn Air fridge has a blue-ish tint to it, and my Dacor cooking appliances have more of a gold-ish/bown tint to them.
  • 12 years ago
    Great advice, I wanted to panel the fridge/dishwasher but now my husband does not so we will have to take that into consideration. How do you like your Jenn Air fridge? My friend just told me she chose that and really likes it so far. Thanks!
  • 12 years ago
    If you buy from one manufacturer they often give discounts on the whole appliance package. It could end up saving you some money.
  • 12 years ago
    I replaced my 15 yr. old Jenn Air side by side counter depth fridge with a new Jenn Air side by side counter depth fridge. I was really excited to get it because the way they changed the ice maker around made the freezer MUCH bigger. What I failed to notice though before I bought it was how absurdly small the vege drawers are now (and they only open a few inches).

    I am not thrilled with it.
  • 12 years ago
    I just replaced my Bosch dishwasher it was very expensive and the worst appliance in our home . The manufacture never did anything to fix it our make it better. After 5 years I just replaced it with a very inexpensive Kenmore that was on sale for 199.00. It's awesome and very quite!
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks for the comments, appreciate it - I need all the help I can get!
  • 11 years ago
    @kristingcortez Just wondering if you could comment on which appliances you ended up buying and how you iike them?
  • 11 years ago
    We have a Blue Star Kitchen gas stove, works really well. Had a problem with electronic pilot ignighter. Was unable to find service anywhere in Western Canada. Was finally able to have the part shipped from the manufacturer but had to install myself.
  • 11 years ago
    Bosch is notorious for faulty dishwashers. We had one in our house when we first moved into our house... Was about 5 years old and the motor had died. Could not be repaired... Replacement motor was 300, special order ( read long wait) plus labor. We decided to replace with an "idiot proof" KitchenAid. It has been problem free for 8 years and counting. My friend has two Bosches in her kitchen... Has had recurring problems. Our certified repair person has told us the same thing.
  • 11 years ago
    I am very interested in feedback on the Blue Star, as well as the Bertazzoni as alternatives to Wolf. We are about to replace our Viking cooktop and GE double oven. both are sub par.
  • 11 years ago
    36" Blue Star gas stove works well and is a good solid piece of equipment, however were unable to find anyone willing to supply repair service when it was needed.