Software
Houzz Logo Print
jkryan

14 years ago
How did you get the fabric to stick to the wall? Is there cork behind it? Love it!
Burlap Walls · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 14 years ago
    The tacks you see along the edges are holding the burlap to the walls.
  • 14 years ago
    Hi, thanks for your sweet comment about my walls. I used a normal office stapler to staple the burlap to the walls. It needs to be stretched very tightly because it will sag if not. The trim and tacks are decorative to cover the edges with the staples. I did however leave the few staples and the vertical edges uncovered. Also the sun will darken the burlap, mine now is more of a straw color and really resembles grasscloth.
  • 14 years ago
    How did you hide seams? The only burlap I could find is 44" wide and the wall I want to do is 68" wide but I don't want a seem down the middle. Also, it is so wrinkled. Do you know if you can iron it? Thanks again!
  • 14 years ago
    I didn't hide the seams, my has a semi finished edge on one side I can't remember if the other side raw or the same. Also I have a few staples that show. I have a had a few people scoff at the edges but after all the pictures and such were on the wall I don't think its unattractive. Kinda like the seams you see on grasscloth. I think you could iron it or wash it. I will try to upload some pictures of the seams for you. It will probably be after Christmas though, and you could also see the change in color.
  • 10 years ago

    Can you paint the burlap ?

  • 9 years ago

    I want to try this with canvas dropcloth. The room we're living in has old '70s paneling, and it's easy to tack things in the grooves. I thought that would be a good way to have painted walls without painting the paneling. Should I add fabric medium to the paint?