Software
Houzz Logo Print
robyn_wendt

What to replace original 1913 wood blinds with??

12 years ago
20 years ago we purchased a 1913 Swiss Chalet style Craftsman on the Jersey Shore and we operate a 10 guest room B&B. In keeping with the Arts and Crafts Movement aesthetic we have furnished throughout with L & JG Stickley pieces. We have restored all the window blinds over the years but now are unable to find the correct size tape and cord. The old wood gives off a sweet odor and guests really don't know how to operate them and they take a beating. I believe, now, that antiquity stops at the bedroom door! What could I replace them with that would be light blocking and still be aesthetically in keeping with the theme. I used Hunter Douglas wood slats for our Carriage House windows but the strings are so thin that they broke within no time at all and are all mended with knots.