Software
Houzz Logo Print
crowinghen

Need help selecting mirror for bathroom

12 years ago
One of the last things to do in our bathroom re-do is to put the trim back up and buy a mirror. I can't decide what style of mirror to buy-.
I've held up a couple different ones but none really seem to be right--
I bought this wood mirror( last picture) and was thinking of chalk painting and distressing it a little.. but it has to go sideways in that spot and it's kind of bulky.
Maybe a traditional rectangular white framed mirror would be best? or no frame just a rectangular beveled glass?
I don't have a picture of it, but the light fixture is a frosted glass bar with a little chrome on it.
thanks!

Comments (29)

  • 12 years ago
    That's what I thought- I do like that miror- thanks!
  • 12 years ago
    I'llhave to find one a little more budget friendly than that one though.
  • 12 years ago
    I like this one for you from Home Depot. The finish (and little circles) reminds me of your cabinet knobs. Hung horizontally. Check the size for the length of your vanity to make sure it will fit.
    http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&productId=3070613
  • 12 years ago
    What is the width of your vanity?
  • 12 years ago
    Here's one--notice size and proportions with vanity
  • 12 years ago
    This one is from Wayfair and the dimensions are 33 x 24:

    http://www.wayfair.com/Kichler-Silverton-Mirror-in-Tannery-Bronze-41046TZ-KI2750.html
  • 12 years ago
    Vanity is around 43 inches wide, just the one sink thank you!
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Your cabinet looks to be a red, sort of early american look. I would look for a similar sort of mirror. There are tons to choose from online, just google mirrors.
    Colored Bath Cabinets · More Info

    Springhill Farm · More Info

    Fly Fishing Retreat · More Info
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Looks like a fairly small room for trying to introduce a new pattern & color. I think a mirror cut to run against the wall on the left, all the way across the vanity to the right, and up to the ceiling would make the room look huge. Any local glass shop can cut to fit, including a hole for your light fixture and hole for the electrical plug with a mirrored electrical cover.
    crowinghen thanked The Custom Touch Wood Floors
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    how about this one?
  • 12 years ago
    here's the pic
  • 12 years ago
    What size is it? Maybe you can tape the outline on the wall. I think the color and style will work great with your cabinets and hardware.
  • 12 years ago
    I think your mirror from Martha Stewart looks great.
    crowinghen thanked suzanne_m
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you for doing that! I tried and tried... :)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Your cabinetry has strong repeating pattern with rectangles. I would love to see the colour of the frame and the shape of the mirror mimic this pattern. I really like the cabinetry BTW. By duplicating the design in the mirror you are really showing of the cabinets - which are deserving of being in the spot light.
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you ! The cabinet was a Craigslist find, in fact most of the stuff in the bath was sourced from Craigslist , second hand stores and salvage places.
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Does the cabinet have a makers name? Maybe they still make a corresponding mirror...

    btw....love the craigslist finds!! :0) Houseful of them myself.
  • 12 years ago
    I was just thinking of that.. trying to remember what the label on the cabinet said. I've looked them up before, but can't recall... google is my friend!
  • 12 years ago
    Strasser woodenworks is the cabinet maker looks to be a42 inch vanity ina color not being done any more.. or it was custom to begin with.
    Because of the light switches and the outlets hubby said we could go 24 wide by 32 tall if we wanted to go rectangular... o/w we will have to either raise the light or put a wall sconce on each side of the mirror.
  • 12 years ago
    Custom touch wood floors- I like that idea of a whole wall mirror, except that we did that in our main home and I want to do something a little different in the beach place. Also I don't want to have to clean water spatter off the bottom of the mirror at our vacation place. but thank you it would def open up the space!
  • 12 years ago
    Have you talked to a frame shop? They can make just about anything in any size - just take a little vanity drawer with you to match the color. A glass shop can cut the mirror for you.
  • 12 years ago
    Found this one at the home depot. hard to get a picture of it in the tight quarters, but I like it alot!
  • 12 years ago
    I'd suggest having the finish of your mirror frame match the vanity.
  • 12 years ago
    It isn't quite as dark as the picture, the mirror matches the bronze hardware and pulls out other darker colors in the room.
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    It should be hung vertically between the electricial outlets. I'm not crazy about it with the vanity.
  • 12 years ago
    For your small bathroom, a "wall to wall" mirror really would expand your space. And, if you want the framed look, google "Mirror Mates" for frames that can be velcroed on.
  • 12 years ago
    In light of the fact that you have distressed bronze hardware I think a distressed bronze mirror would be nice such as the one here:
    Renzo Vanity Mirror in Bronze · More Info
    Your vanity is quite beautiful. I think enhancing it's details would be your best bet rather than a competing finish.