Software
Houzz Logo Print
scerrir

Grout Colour

12 years ago
Hi there!

This floor is lovely. I just purchases 1" glossy hex tiles and am now wondering which grout colour to buy!

I was thinking Mapei warm gray - what was used in your project? It is very nice.

Thank you!

Rhea
Classic Subway Tile Bathtub Surround · More Info

Comments (8)

  • 12 years ago
    Thank you so much for your quick reply!! It is greatly appreciated :)
  • 12 years ago
    @Scerrir - I had the same question and only have Mapei samples. Did you find a close match? Thanks!
  • 12 years ago
    Hi Jennifer,

    I actually didn't pick yet! We put that project on hold as we are renovating a bunch of rooms...but I will have to pick by next week!

    I have seen pictures on the internet of other people who have used Mapei Warm Grey and it looks very nice. It is a very subtle grey. The picture in the one above is a medium grey I think, probably closest to the Silver in Mapei.

    I also saw other pictures of people who have used Mapei biscuit which also looks really nice. I have included a link to a website who uses the Mapei biscuit on the beige tiles (not white tiles...I think it clarifies the tile colour in the description).

    http://saltillo-tiles.com/products/tile/ceramics/beige-ceramic

    And this site helped me too, to distinguish between comparisons of shades between the grout manufacturers:

    http://www.grout-aide.com/colors2.html

    Let me know which you have chosen, and if you have pics send them over! I still won't be picking for another week or so, and it might help :)
  • 10 years ago

    Hi! Just found this thread as we are about to pick a Mapei grout for our subway tiles in bathroom - trying to decide between Warm Grey, Frost, and Silver. It's so hard to know how it will turn out!

    We saw a Warm Grey sample that looked kind of beige/warm and worried that wouldn't go well with the carrera marble which is quite grey. But not sure if Frost will be too light or if Silver will be too dark!

    Dying to know what you went with and how it turned out! :)

  • 10 years ago

    shoshana what grout did you end up choosing, also need to make my decison. I think silver too dark....leaning towards warm grey

  • 6 years ago

    Does anyone have a recommendation for a similar grey in Laticrete.

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    I would put the sample grey grout colors next to the tile you have chosen and see what works best for those colors. Typically a middle tone grey works for most projects.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County