Software
Houzz Logo Print
kelle915

Help with Kitchen Barstools

12 years ago
We just moved into a house where the barstools are counter height and close to the kitchen table. Our kitchen table is also counter height. I am trying to figure out if it will look ok if I buy barstools that are different from the kitchen chairs/stools or if they are too close and will look "off". I don't really want to buy the same chairs as the kitchen but also want it to look good. One friend thinks if I get a different wood stool (the kitchen stools are wood - black and brown in color) that it is going to look bad. Could I get iron stools? Just wanted some opinions on what I can do. I know for sure that I want stools with a back but no arms so they will be similar to the kitchen ones in that respect - one reason she thought they would look too similar and not good. I am attaching a picture - hope it works. Thanks!