Software
Houzz Logo Print
kim_battaglia

Love this house especially the front porch--dimensions?

12 years ago
Could you please provide me the dimensions of this beautiful front porch? Length, Depth and height from floor to ceiling. Thanks very much for your time. Also, what is the diameter of columns and how much space is between columns (6 inches maybe). Thanks again.
Augusta Rd. Residence I - Porch Addition · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    K B - Thank you for your kind comments. The main body of the porch is 12 feet deep by 44 feet in length. The 12 inch diameter columns are 9 feet tall. There is approximately 2 inches of clearance between the base of the columns. Finally, the ceiling of the porch is approximately 10 feet in height.

    I hope you find this information to be helpful.

    Regards,
    Mark Dullea
    President
    Dullea + Associates, Inc.
    Residential Designs
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks very much for the quick and thorough reply. My builder is working on the porch this week. It is 12 feet deep and 37 feet long. The columns are 12 inch diameter, but he plans to leave 12 inches in between the bases. What do you think about this? Will it look awkward? I would really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks very much.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    K B
    In this profession details and proportions mean everything. Since I do not know anything about your specific project it is difficult to answer your question. However, it sounds like there could be to much space between the columns on your project.

    Sorry I can not be more specific.
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks for your response. I am going to take a picture of your home over to my builder at the homesite tomorrow to see what he thinks. I appreciate your time and again beautiful home.
  • 11 years ago
    We have looked for months to try and find the perfect home and it seems we have found it. We LOVE this house! Is there a layout/floor plan you can respond with and also if interested is the blueprint available for purchase?