Software
Houzz Logo Print
dada139

limited budget, 1950's kitchen reno

With this clients budget we decided to keep layout but take out most of the overheads to make the space feel more open. Replaced the lost storage with pullout pantries on a wall that is not shown. Used Ikea cabinets and an awesome countertop material from Abet Laminati with aluminum layers. Replaced flooring with a great laminate that looks exactly like slate(I have it in my home). Painted window wall same color as cabinets to highlight the exterior view and art work.

Comments (16)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    This is a wonderful example of all of the products available to create a beautiful space within a budget! Thanks for sharing this!
    Patricia Colwell Consulting thanked Winterhouse Kitchens, Bath & Custom Woodwork
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Great cabinet color and overall look.
    Patricia Colwell Consulting thanked Dytecture
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting thanked Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    That's an awesome transformation!! Don't love the red with it, but the sink side is pretty sweet! But if you love red...
    Patricia Colwell Consulting thanked Toronto Designers
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Love the open airy modern feel.
    Patricia Colwell Consulting thanked Beautiful World Art Prints
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    It is open, but perhaps you could replace the hanging pots (that call for attention) with 2- 3 translucient panels to make the washer and dryer less noticable? This would still allow the natural light through. Ikea has them very reasonably priced...
    Patricia Colwell Consulting thanked Stamps Design Services
  • 12 years ago
    Nice, I love the painting of the woman drinking wine, where can I get one
    Patricia Colwell Consulting thanked Mildred Jablonski
  • 12 years ago
    I love it! The gray and white is stunning.
    Patricia Colwell Consulting thanked babzie933
  • 12 years ago
    I love this kitchen!! Tell me about the flooring! I have a 50's house and I was thinking of doing much the same; get rid of the upper cabinets and only have floor to ceiling cabinet surround of refrigerator (Ikea cabs) for a pantry. Open shelves for daily dishes and glasses.
    Patricia Colwell Consulting thanked Lori Raymond
  • 12 years ago
    very nice job,,,we have a place that has those same cupboards, love the backsplash too, opens the space up nicely
    Patricia Colwell Consulting thanked kittykattt8
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The flooring is Hercules in Canada but is called Columbia Cascade Clic Laminate in the U.S. The color I used here is Mountain Mist.I have it all through my house (pic attached)We have 2 big dogs and grandkids and it takes a beating and always looks good. It is also very affordable. People actually touch it because they are sure it's slate.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The art is by Thomas Fedro. There are 2 pcs. The one near the pots is called Mornings Suck and the wine glass one is Evenings Are Better. I used the red in these to choose a color for the stove wall backsplash.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Huge improvement!! Looks great!!
    Patricia Colwell Consulting thanked Cassandra Warner Design
  • 12 years ago
    so modern looking - glad you removed cupboards above
  • 12 years ago
    Looks like a FUN place to spend time!