Software
Houzz Logo Print
mark617

Glass Shower Enclosure

12 years ago
Does anyone have any experience with the CRL Serenity Series Sliding Shower Door System? I am trying to conserve space, and this appears to be a very sleek option. Just wondering how the performance is...any feedback is greatly appreciated. I have attached an image I found online of this system.

Comments (18)

  • 12 years ago
    Door is only open when you walk in and walk out...no need to really think about space saving, IMO
    mark617 thanked dclostboy
  • 12 years ago
    Off hand I am not sure who the maker of my shower door like this is. The photo you show looks just like it and it is called a Hydro Slide. I removed a bathtub unit and had a shower built. I love this glass shower door! I have had it 3 years now and it works/looks like new;)
    mark617 thanked User
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Fleurco and possibly Amba make a shower door system like this.
    mark617 thanked McCabe By Design LLC
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Designs such as this can be named and sold as a package, but any good glass company that installs showers can provide this with stainless steel parts form companies such as CR Laurence. Typically, this style sets the glass apart a bit so it can be a good idea to set the glass closer to the outer edge of the footing (say 60-70% rather than smack in the middle as is often the case. You'll get an extra inch of elbow space on two sides--a small difference that can mean a lot.
    mark617 thanked John James O'Brien | Inspired Living, by design
  • 12 years ago
    Very nice, I've never seen sliding glass shower doors.
    mark617 thanked Kaiya Price
  • 11 years ago
    mark617, did you decide on the CR Laurence Serenity series? I'm in the process of making a similar decision regarding a newly remodeled small bathroom. It cannot use hinged shower door because of the position of the tub near the toilet, so the frameless glass enclosure has to slide.

    Anyone out there who actually installed the Serenity Series by CR Laurence and can comment?

    Thanks!
  • 11 years ago
    I absolutely love it!!!!! I will add some additional photos later. Just make sure you have a really good, meticulous installer who has experience with it. My installer had some in their showroom so I could open and close to see the quality.
  • 11 years ago
    vbabbdawson, I just added you to be able to view my before/after photos in my project. Try taking a look at that and you can see a couple of additional photos.
  • 11 years ago
    Additional photos I just took...
  • 11 years ago
    It's gorgeous! How has the upkeep been? Hard to clean? When I first saw it I thought 1) that's amazing and 2) It'd be a pain to keep clean
  • 11 years ago
    Go to HD & get Endurance for the glass. Friends love it keeping the glass clean.
  • 11 years ago
    Endura! Duh spellcheck!
  • 11 years ago
    Hahahaha, well, I am pretty lazy...BUT I just keep a squeegee in the shower...and yes, squeegee at end of every shower. Somehow, even my lazy self has managed to keep up with it. I have had it for about 8 months now and the only downside is that my vanity mirror is in my line of sight and, well...let's just say that I became inspired to go to the gym, since the glass does not fog up very quickly :)
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I'm glad you're enjoying your sliding door shower enclosure. They really are one of my favorite enclosure door-styles. We also have them at QualityBath.
  • 8 years ago

    Hey Mark617- Was this a CR Lawrence door that you installed- do you still like it after a few years?


    mark617 thanked MJ Condon
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    @MJ, it is a CR system, I love(d) it, sold my house in December 2017, just a few months ago. Major regret in selling, but ready for another adventure. The only thing I would have changed was maybe a glass that was frosted on the bottom and gradually gets clear at the top. I had a large mirror opposite of the door and it was a daily reminder that I need to go to the gym and change my diet, hahahaha.

  • 3 years ago

    Hello, these sliders work best in larger size showers with curbs.. not so much on a transition style or drop down situation. Great door but not an aquarium... DO not recommend a handheld sprayer being used either. As far as cleaning the hardware, ots stainless steel, so as you would your kitchen appliances, once a week or so. Most Glass Companies offer a Glass coatinf to help with mineral/soap scum buildup also.. easy peasy! Good luck!