Software
Houzz Logo Print
ljt00

My back splash.....again!

12 years ago
The last tile I posted was to much. After looking at it, I wondered what I was thinking!!! I found a visualizer and want to know what you think about these glass tiles. Pls let me know what you think. My cabinets, counter tops and floors are just about the same color as in the picture.

This is hard!

Thank you houzz!!!

Comments (19)

  • 12 years ago
    Like the first choice too .
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I like contrast, so I'd choose the second, although I'd probably match the grout to the tile. The first is pretty, too.
  • 12 years ago
    Like the softness of the first choice and the second choice is also attractive...just not the third choice.
  • 12 years ago
    I really like the softness of the first choice.
  • 12 years ago
    I like the contrast of the last one.
  • 12 years ago
    I like the first choice also. It looks great with your granite.
  • 12 years ago
    I like the first, it's soft and I think you will not get tired of it and don't want to renovate in a few tears. Also, how does it flow with the rest of the house? We spend a lot of time in the kitchen, it has to be warm and a place we love. To me, the darker colors clash with the rest of the room and even if it makes a statement, I could see myself bored after some time, the first one, I would feel good for a long time.
    Have you thought of going a pale green for the backsplash? Walker Zanger has very nice subway tiles, crackled in the most beautiful pale green (tuileries, loire color), it would go beautiful with your cabinets and countertops. Just a thought, good luck and happy renovating!
  • 12 years ago
    I'd go with the first one ... not sure why you don't want white.
  • 12 years ago
    The first is neutral and safe...I like the visual impact of the second.
  • 12 years ago
    The 1st choice is very soft and a perfect background if you have other things to give your kitchen life. It would allow you more opportunities in the future to change accent colors, etc. The 2nd would be my personal choice (with matching grout though), but thats just because I prefer more contrast. Good luck!
  • 12 years ago
    If you are going to live in the house for the next 10 or 15 years, any of them that you like would do. But if you plan to move in 5 years or less, go with the first, (which would be my choice, BTW) because it will increase the number of potential buyers at resale. The second and especially the third are more bold, and there just are not that many people who want to live with someone else's bold choices.
  • 12 years ago
    I like the second one or white (which you don't show).
  • 12 years ago
    I would go with white, but out of the three, I would choose the first or second. the second would make a bolder statement.
  • 12 years ago
    Please do not select a tile based on possible resale in the future. Go with what you like.
  • 12 years ago
    I'm not suggesting that the OP choose a tile she doesn't like, with resale in mind. But there are, for most of us, a number of choices that would be pleasing to us. All things being equal or even nearly equal, I would ALWAYS choose the one that would aid resale with items that are difficult to change, like a backsplash. It's not a sacrifice to go with something that I like, perhaps, minimally less, knowing that it will aid, not inhibit, my ability to sell my house in the future.

    Perhaps I'm extra sensitive to that, because of my history. In 1986, my ex and I built what was, at the time, my dream home, on five acres of land. By December of 1988, we were divorced. For those who remember the market back then, the cost of new financing was extremely high, with a "good" interest rate being 13% on a 30 year mortgage.

    A house that was as sellable as possible was the only thing that kept me from foreclosure, when the ex stop making the court ordered house payments.
  • 12 years ago
    I think the first one is beautiful, and is the only one that doesn't clash with the color of your cabinets.
  • 12 years ago
    That second one is perfect!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The first is the only one of the three I would choose, but I would prefer white glass to the gray glass shown in the photo.
Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio