Software
Houzz Logo Print
laurenicole03

Bathroom Help!

12 years ago
We recently redid one bathroom. We are not ready to rip this one apart yet, but there has to be a way to make it looker nice until that time comes! Please help with color ideas and pictures!! The tiles are beige. Thanks!

Comments (14)

  • 12 years ago
    More pictures would certainly help.
    laurenicole03 thanked njcook53
  • 12 years ago
    Oops the other pictures did not load. Here they are.
  • 12 years ago
    What exactly are you willing to do? Paint? Replace too small mirror/medicine cabinet? I like your paint color with your shower curtain, but not certain the paint matches your tile. Also, are you trying to go "country", "contemporary", what? Also, are you willing to paint the door white to match the trim or will it stay wood color?
    laurenicole03 thanked janeinfo
  • 12 years ago
    I think the paint contrasts too much with the tile. Maybe paint the walls a similar color to the tile but a shade lighter. Some floating shelves on the wall and the bigger mirror that janeinfo mentioned. Your bronze hardware would then stand out and look nice I think. I always like the look of an area rug in the bath too- makes it cozy and can bring in some needed color.
    laurenicole03 thanked jdjd99
  • 12 years ago
    I do want to paint and I prefer contemporary! It is always so hard for me to pick paint colors. What color shower curtain would you suggest if I paint the walls a shade lighter then the tile? We are planning on replacing all the wood color doors. So as of now I do not plan on painting them (although I know it would make a huge difference!). I like the idea for the area rug!
  • 12 years ago
    And I do want to replace that dreaded medicine cabinet with a flat mirror. The problem is the lights next to it, but as of now they don't work s so maybe we can cover the outlets and hang a mirror over top?
  • 12 years ago
    I like the pivot mirrors from restoration hardware, though they are a little expensive. It would work well in your room because it could extend below the wall/tile transition. How about a white shower curtain with a lot of texture?
    laurenicole03 thanked jdjd99
  • 12 years ago
    Great ideas! I am coaxing the hubby into painting this weekend :)!
  • 12 years ago
    Maybe a little bench or stool under the towel rack would look nice but not sure if enough room.
  • 12 years ago
    Shower curtain is too "heavy". Pick something lighter....work with your tile....not against it. If you like the green, but want lighter...try clary sage by Sherwin Williams. But first find a curtain that you like (spots? Stripes?) that has the colors you like. Repeat colors throughout....you said you like contemporary...go all the way with it....it's kind of mixed up right now...too many styles. And yes...lower the pic to about an inch or two from the tile. Possibly paint medicine cabinet if you can't remove it. You can do it!!!
    laurenicole03 thanked Becki Burr
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    We had pink tile in the bathroom until we remodeled. We painted the walls "Celedon" that is a muted shade of light green made by Behr paints. It worked well with the pink that I did not like at all. Fluffy white towels and a white rug helped--and the fact that it is not a living space!
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I do not have the space for a bench :(. I am actually not a fan of green but I wasn't sure what to you use and I do not like what I have now! I think I am going to go with the shade lighter than the tile and then I can play with the curtain and towels. I like the idea of the floating shelves too and picking a lighter curtain! Thanks for the ideas! Keep them coming if you have anything else to add!
  • 12 years ago
    Hello everyone. We are looking to paint this weekend. I know many suggested a shade lighter than the tile. Any suggestions on paint color number/name. Thanks!