Software
Houzz Logo Print
babibleu

wall ideas

12 years ago
I can't decide what should be on the wall. A picture? A clock? This will be seen right when you walked in from the front door. What type of picture? Any suggestions? Please help! Thank you!

Comments (28)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Right now there seems to be too many things. I like your buddha and suggest you go in that direction.

    How about a mirror and the buddha?
    Natural Tin & Tile Mirror · More Info
    babibleu thanked JudyG Designs
  • 12 years ago
    I like a mirror by the door so you can check yourself out before you leave. I would like only the sculpture on your table especially since other items are all at the same height.
    babibleu thanked saratogaswizzlestick
  • 12 years ago
    I removed some items. It seems to be very plain.
  • 12 years ago
    It would be helpful to see more pics. I agree with JudyG,
    'Less is more.'
    How large is your space? Do you have room for seating? A bench, or a chair?
    Wishing you Good luck.
    babibleu thanked moggie73
  • 12 years ago
    Here's a pic from the front door. It's a small space. Very limited. Left side is a bedroom and the other side is a hallway.
  • 12 years ago
    Just now, saw your new pic. A tall rectangular art piece, or mirror, no wider than 2/3rds of the width of your furniture would be lovely.
    babibleu thanked moggie73
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I am going to be fresh here for a moment. I don’t like the vase directly under the buddha…don’t make me say why.
    ROTFL !!! (rolling on the floor laughing!)
    babibleu thanked JudyG Designs
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Do you have a mirror in the house you could lean on the table just to see the effect…with nothing but the buddha?
    babibleu thanked JudyG Designs
  • 12 years ago
    Final attempt before i have to redo everything. Judy i think i see what you are seeing now. Lol
  • 12 years ago
    I read somewhere that it's not a good idea to place a mirror right directly when you walk in from front door?
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you for the new pic. I think you might be happy moving your floor vase and twigs to another area, and going with a dramatically tall, narrow mirror.
    Do you have an electrical outlet behind the table?
    Lighting your Buddha from behind with a small spotlight?
    babibleu thanked moggie73
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    For starters, I agree with Judy...less is more. I would take out everything except for Buddah and place him off center to the right and angle him a little to the left (facing). A little incense bowl (or something metal, low and round) off to his left. So nothing is in the absolute center of your table. What measurements do you have for the width of both the top and the base of your piece?
    babibleu thanked karen paul interiors
  • 12 years ago
    No outlet in the back. 3 ft om top and 2 ft at bottom
  • 12 years ago
    Judy- I found a mirror
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    32 3/4 X 48
    Reflection Wall Mirror - 32.75"W x 48"H | Mirrors | Mirrors-wall-decor | Decor | · More Info
    like tall and slender with full reflective value. How tall is your table? This is from Z Gallerie, BTW.
    babibleu thanked karen paul interiors
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I don’t care for the striped vase with the sticks and the buddha. It feels more African to me in style. I like the orchids, though. Try buddha in front of the mirror and the orchid under where the vase is.

    Good sport, babibleu.
    babibleu thanked JudyG Designs
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    If you can move your table some to the left and place a taller, larger pot, you could put in some branches that can "arc" over Buddah a little and can be reflected a little in a mirror. Buddah is often seen under a "tree" and that will give you a nice composite. If you do that, orchid goes away and small piece to His left goes in. He also needs to sit on a slight angle. The mirror you "found" is too short.
    babibleu thanked karen paul interiors
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    BTW, I failed to mention how much I like your table! It's a great entrance piece! :)
    babibleu thanked karen paul interiors
  • 12 years ago
    I took the vase out and got rid of the mirror. I have an attachment for the orchid. Lol
  • 12 years ago
    Judy orchid is too tall to be at the bottom. There's two shelves below the Buddha
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Also take out the vase in the bottom shelf.
    babibleu thanked karen paul interiors
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Now I can see how the table can't be moved. :) With Budah and the orchid and a mirror, it will all look great!
    babibleu thanked karen paul interiors
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I love that table! What a great style! And I love the mirror you found to put there, too. I have to agree with karen paul and hope you put the orchid and the budda together with the mirror. Also happy the sticks are gone as they were taller than the table.
    babibleu thanked abbyjean
  • 12 years ago
    I like this table ..but happy you took away the vase
    babibleu thanked decoratinglady5
  • 12 years ago
    Less is more.
    babibleu thanked groveraxle
  • 12 years ago
    This is where I got the idea to put the vase on the floor
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    bab, I like so much better your treatment of the table. A minimalist approach with new mirror will be divine. Just because there is a space does not mean we need to fill it in. Negative space is such a positive on so many levels. Your progress with the small (important) things is what gets it to where it needs to be. Good girl!
    babibleu thanked karen paul interiors
Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!