Software
Houzz Logo Print
nosmalldreams

How do you open the glass doors without handles?

12 years ago
I love, love, love this kitchen! It is my inspiration picture for the kitchen I'm currently creating. How do you open the glass doors without handles? I love the clean look, but have had trouble figuring out how to operate the doors effectively if I omit handles. I had originally planned free-swinging doors with magnetic catches, but no one seems to make those these days. Also, are your hinges "soft-closing" or "self-closing"? If the latter, do you have issues with the glass hitting the cabinet too hard?
just now
Jones Design Build · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The glass hangs below the bottom of the cabinet to allow it to be pulled open. Its a clean look without any handles.
    Yes on the soft close hinges and also the use of bumpers so doors don't bang when closed.
    nosmalldreams thanked Jones Design Build
  • 12 years ago
    Where do I buy these cabinets?
  • 12 years ago
    Sorry, I mean the glass and aluminum cabinets.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    They were custom made. Find a local cabinet maker to work with. Good luck with your project!