Software
Houzz Logo Print
trapper17

Design

12 years ago
I'm redoing my bathroom and tiling the walks approx 3-6 high . Should I tile behind vanity ? Also should I get a vanity top with a backsplash and how high should I bring tile up past top of backsplash I want to use a bullnose on top of finished tile . Should I bring bullnose to top of backsplash would that look ok . Pics are very welcome. Thank you
San Francisco Floating House · More Info

Comment (1)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    HI there! So many questions and no pictures to help me. If you tile the entire wall behind your vanity, there is no need for a splash. I tend to tile the entire wall so that mirrors, etc. don't have to cross over a tile-to-painted wall condition. Also, doing entire walls in tile eliminate the up/down/up/down tile as it goes from the shower/bath (up) and then down to the wainscot (down) and then maybe down to the floor. And yes...terminate your tile ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS with a bull-nose (if thin-set) or a quarter-round piece (if mud-set). Good luck!