Software
Houzz Logo Print
cholloway09

Island top

12 years ago
Can you tell me is the island ctop granite or marble? Thanks!
1512 Dolphin Terrace · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    It's hard to tell from this angle, but that looks like a Super White Quartzite. Or it could be a Calacatta Marble.
    Super White Quartzite with Calacatta Gold Tile · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    Question for you Granite Grannies: In a previous post elsewhere I read where you stated some white quartzite isn't as trustworthy today, according to your supplies. Can you expand on what you mean by "trustworthy?" Is it in the color or durability? Thanks! And as to the question you pose above, I would say it's quartzite and not calacatta marble -- that's my uneducated guess based on all the marble I've been lusting but realizing that I can't have on my kitchen counters bc it won't hold up to scratches and chipping.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    This is a marble called Calacatta Borghini..