Software
Houzz Logo Print
erinnicole

Breakfast Room Suggestions?

12 years ago
I'm hoping for some advice on finishes for our breakfast room. It's open to both our kitchen and our family room. I had a decorator suggest "SW Blonde" for our whole house. After living with it for 2 years and not liking it, I decided to neutralize our breakfast room with "SW Dover White" which is now on both the trim and the walls. I feel like it looks to stark in contrast with the dark wood. So here are my questions specifically:
-Do I keep the stained trim around the windows or paint it?
- Do I keep the builtins in the corner of the breakfast room stained dark or do I paint them?
- Would adding some textured panel curtains help soften the room? If so, go for a color or keep with the neutral theme?
-Should I paint the walls something between the "dover white" & the "blonde" color to lessen the contrast?

Lastly, whatever I do in the breakfast room I think I'll have to do in the family room; they are very open to one another.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Comments (10)