Software
Houzz Logo Print
edubya

If you found a $100 bill right now, what would you buy for your home?

12 years ago
It's just enough for some paint, maybe a small accent or two, more if you know where to stretch your money. If you found a $100 bill right this minute, what would you buy for your home?

Tell us! (Photos encouraged!)

Allen Designs Funny Pink Pig Money Bank Piggy · More Info

Comments (43)

  • 12 years ago
    I would search high and low for a rockin deal on a tobacco basket. I really want one.
    [houzz=
    My Home · More Info
    ]
    Emily Hurley thanked 14thstreet
  • 12 years ago
    I probably would buys some perennial plants;)
    Emily Hurley thanked User
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Remote controlled flameless candles, perfect item for found money :)
    Emily Hurley thanked mefor
  • 12 years ago
    Sure thing!
  • 12 years ago
    1. An hours worth of kitchen design advice
    2. Molding for a bedroom
    3. Exterior window shutters
    4.the new Nespresso ( after sale and a coupon!)
    5. Habidecor bath rug
    Emily Hurley thanked Dreacorator
  • 12 years ago
    I'm on a throw pillow kick, so...
  • 12 years ago
    I'm with Margo! Plants!!
    Emily Hurley thanked hanna1984
  • 12 years ago
    I'd rush off to Home Goods! I'd look for a tray but who knows what treasure I might find!
  • 12 years ago
    I hate to agree with Margo (LOL) but since I am on a gardening rush right now probably would go back and get some more Coleus
  • 12 years ago
    Proboly a nice rug or a new bed
  • 12 years ago
    I need a new soup pot. I have an all clad set, but I feel like goldilocks. Everything is either too big or too small, but nothing is just right. $100 will take a little bit of the sting out of this purchase.
  • 12 years ago
    Anything from nice everyday drinking glasses, plates, towels, or a few decorative pillows!
  • 12 years ago
    The garden was ravaged by winter, so I will be going to our favorite local garden shop (not big box) for annuals and a shrub or two with my $100.
  • 12 years ago
    A huge metal bucket to ice down adult beverages and a bright red beach towel. I'm so over the cold.
  • 12 years ago
    For the house? Um, does stocking the fridge count?

    I'd stick it in the sock for next month's big colocasia/alocasia order. I saved my xmas and bday money and going to get to order some really fancy stuff from Hawaii. That is going to cost majorly for shipping.

    Almost everything for all the rest of the whole houzz remodel has been bought now and installed, except the Kitchen.

    Amy Stokes, All Clad will spoil you. I also like Calphalon. A dear friend gifted me with a few pieces of both and she really spoiled me. I do have an orgreenic frypan and a $10 Tfal for spouse to make messes in, he doesn't touch my good stuff.
  • 12 years ago
    Wine :)
  • 12 years ago
    Ooh, as a retired twosome, we don't need more stuff, but I would love to hire someone to deep clean the kitchen and two bathrooms. Yes.
  • 12 years ago
    a professional housecleaning
  • 12 years ago
    If I found £100 I would get some pain mixed for the outside of the house
  • 12 years ago
    Snaggy, isn't there enough pain in the world without getting more mixed? ;)
  • 12 years ago
    I'd buy more canvas fabric and oils then with the leftovers I'd hit up my favorite coffee shop to sit back and relax followed by my antique store on the way home.
  • 12 years ago
    I would split it 5 ways.

    Give a homeless person $25.00
    Give $25.00 to the church offering
    Invest $25.00 in retirement
    Buy $12.50 worth of can goods with coupons for that exact amount and donate to local food bank.
    Invest $12.50 in stocks for kids
  • 12 years ago
    I'd take you out to dinner and get as much decorating advice as possible.
  • 12 years ago
    I'm on a strange paint haha
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    new white planters for outside - I need 8 though ! anyone here ship to UK ?!
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I have so many already i'm clean out of ideas :
  • 11 years ago
    I would buy Halloween candy!! Happy Halloween *waving*
  • 11 years ago
    I'm currently sprucing up the front door area and I'm sure $100 would buy a new mailbox.
  • 11 years ago
    A good spring cleaning! I live in a 1200 sf condo so $100 should probably cover it.
  • 11 years ago
    Down payment on a set of fabulous sheets
  • 11 years ago
    Good idea dclostboy. I once had the pleasure of sleeping in Pratesi sheets while traveling and simply had to own some. Found some on ebay for about a quarter of their retail price - still not cheap but sooooo worth it.
  • 11 years ago
    probably save up to replace a ceiling fixture
  • 11 years ago
    Very nice light fixture andi777 :) I will keep the link to suggest it to other houzzers if the style is appropriate for a specific dilemma.
  • 10 years ago

    There isn't much you can get for $100. I would probably buy a nice terra cotta planter.

  • 7 years ago
    that is stupid
  • 7 years ago
    can I have some of that money
  • 5 years ago

    Top down blinds for the front window. They're actually $115 but I think it's pretty close. We've had curtains for 11 years and they're either open with no privacy or closed and dark in the living room.

  • 5 years ago

    3 months worth of lawn-mowing :)

  • 5 years ago

    Splurge on a high price decor item for my home

  • 5 years ago

    I bought the top down blinds for under $100 and they are worth every penny!

  • 5 years ago

    Beer and burritos for my contractor and his team.