Software
Houzz Logo Print
wrangham

Help arranging pictures in master bedroom

12 years ago
I recently rearranged my bedroom furniture for the first time in 24 years! We also painted the walls a beautiful Benjamin Moore "beach glass" blue and purchased new bedding. Now I'm ready to tackle the blank walls and need advice. The bed is angled from the corner, so part of the wall on either side of the bed actually is behind the headboard. The back wall with the night stand and chair is 14 ft across. What would you recommend for wall decor? I've considered using 2 quatrefoil mirrors in the corners beside the headboard? Any advice is appreciated!

Comments (21)

  • 12 years ago
    I love the paint color! Looking to repaint my bedroom like that. Why angle the bed? Center it on a wall and place two nightstands on either side. A large picture centered behind the bed and groupings of photos or other artwork would be nice. Maybe a large standing mirror on one of the walls.
  • 12 years ago
    Beautiful color!
  • 12 years ago
    Love your choice of paint colour! It's beautiful, so soft and calming. I also think the bed doesn't look right angled and probably best centred against
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Angling the bed is not unusual if you have a big room.

    Golden Scroll · More Info

    Hers bed · More Info

    Interior Design Photography 2 · More Info

    Lori Gilder of Interior Makeovers Inc. · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    Agree that the angled bed looks strange but it's also impractical. You can't have a lamp to read by or a bedside table that you can set your book on without getting out of bed. I can see you were ready for a change but make it one that's functional.
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    It's what you put behind it that counts. Some ideas:
    Consider getting a narrow console/sofa table to sit behind the bed. Add table lamps and do away with bedside tables
    Dubai Eclectic · More Info

    Black & Beige Living Room · More Info

    Can you post pictures of the other angles in the room please? from behind the bed and behind the chair?
  • 12 years ago
    have you considered a plant. They do produce oxygen.
    Anita Diaz · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    A plant would kind of soften the room
  • 12 years ago
    I agree with other posters angling the bed looks a bit weird and impractical. no offence meant
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I love the ceiling hung painting idea that chemayne suggested. Your colors would do justice to a beach print.
    [houzz=
    Blue Mist · More Info
    ] (something like this-- obviously your tastes may differ)
    I think with your headboard, you couldn't do a functional console behind the bed. If you are able, I would consider getting small table for either side of the bed to replace your current nightstand if you want to keep the angled bed. With just enough space for a lamp and an item or two (like in anna dee's picture), you maintain function with the different use of your space.
  • 12 years ago
    Please explain the reason for angling the bed?
  • 12 years ago
    Where did you get the bedding? I am looking for something similar to that.
  • 12 years ago
    The bed previously was centered in the wall where the nightstand is now. I just needed a change and with such a big room (14 ft x 18 ft), there were several possibilities for relocating the bed. But I'm leaning toward popular opinion... the angled bed is rather awkward! I guess we'll be moving furniture again this week-end!
    ** jgmass- I ordered the quilt and shams on-line from Bed, Bath & Beyond- it's called "Hayward" by Nautica. Nice stripes of white, gray, beige and blue, reverses to navy blue.
  • 12 years ago
    Okay I understand the wanting to change.
  • 12 years ago
    I don't see anything wrong with angling the bed, it's a change that OP wants, so why not? I do like hanging a picture from the ceiling at the same angle--I was going to suggest that, but I see someone already has.
  • 12 years ago
    We know that now Nancy but it just looked kind of weird but she has since explain her reasoning.
  • 12 years ago
    Putting some taller greenery behind the bed with maybe some soft lighting would be nice
  • 12 years ago
    Angling the bed does create difficulty for decorating the walls.
    If you were to leave the bed, hang a shear curtain behind the bed at the same angle to give you a backdrop. Place a bench or long sofa table at the foot of the bed to add interest and display photos .
    Fill the wall space with groups of photos.
  • 12 years ago
    I had to chuckle when I saw your bed on the angle. I tried that many many years ago for he same reason you did it. Our room is not small either. Besides not being practical, I found my head spinning even with my eyes closed! It was so disorienting that I had to quickly move it back against the wall-- without my husband even asking.
  • 12 years ago
    Wow for the life of me still trying to figure out how this print fit into this room. Call me crazy.