Software
Houzz Logo Print
rachelebiancalani

Do you like colored sofas?

12 years ago
last modified: 12 years ago
Usually in my works I never suggest to my Clients strong colour for sofas... what do you think about it?

Comments (18)

  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    What folks like and what they get are often 2 different things. A couple might love a light colored sofa like your "after" pic...but then you meet their 4 kids! hehe The after sofa might have to wait until they're all gone to college!

    I actually like a deeper, saturated color...like a maroon or green or rust. I have pets & I like to eat in my living room when I get home from work. I think the tan might be a bad idea in my situation.
    Rachele Biancalani Studio thanked bungalowmo
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    It all depends on the requirements , I like light colours but if pets , children and people who tend to sit down still wearing their work clothes , then personally ,I would go with darker shades.
    Rachele Biancalani Studio thanked Geneviève
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thank you Genevieve, Cyndy and bungolowmo ... you're all right! My clients has 3 sons grown up (they are to the college infact!) and the pet is not allowed to enter at home, it just stays in the garden! :-) I love the light watery color sofa posted by cyndy!
  • 12 years ago
    In the after pic where is the tv located? I love the new look, especially the striped wall and the coffee table.
    Rachele Biancalani Studio thanked slhughes1
  • 12 years ago
    I hope the pet banished to the garden is a frog.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    ahahah sissy49 the pet is a little dog :-) Silhughes1 this is the new position for the TV
  • 12 years ago
    It's personal. I prefer to have plain walls and bring in interest and color through furnishings, rugs and art.
  • 12 years ago
    Yes I do. I get tired and bored with all of the shades of beige and cream. It's like the world has lost its imagination. And everything has to "match' there is no real art in that to me..
  • 12 years ago
    For about six months I searched for a neutral (beige/light brown) sofa to replace the one (beige/light brown) which we had simply worn out. I thought I wanted similar neutral color because it had"worked" so well with almost anything I wanted to put with it. BUT...nothing I looked at (many) inspired me. I saw plenty that "worked" but nothing lit my fire. One day, I walked into a local furniture store that sells very good quality sofas...and was immediately drawn to a beautiful, soft blue sofa. Noooo...I can't buy that; I need "neutral." Well...that blue sofa kept calling my name, so I went back to take another look. It was soooo comfortable....like a crushed velvet but very sturdy fabric. It took me a week to get out of the Neutral habit, but I bought that blue sofa and it looks fabulous in my home. I sooo needed something like that. Best purchase I ever made. And I was totally surprised how well it "works" in my otherwise neutral setting. I say...if you have been stuck in a neutral rut...or if you think that is what good design dictates....but you see something you love...give it a chance. I must add that I still prefer the calmness that neutral color schemes offer, so this beautiful blue sofa is my main "jewel" and I do not intend to overdo "blue" Just thought I'd share this experience since I just experienced it.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Unless I get lucky and have a bold client, I always find it's easier to suggest neutral colored sofas and bring the color in with pillows and artwork. Great job with that room, the stripes are lovely.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I love coloured sofas...
    Urban retreat in old house · More Info

    Studio NOO Design's portfolio · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    Oh damn I'm far more worried about the dog banished to the garden than the color of sofas. However, I've had neutral colored sofas and lime green sofas, both at the same time even, and it works. If you go with a sofa that has bold color, it just has to be one that integrates with you color palette.
  • 12 years ago
    I'd never sacrifice my pets for a sofa. One kitty is a white, long haired handsome boy & he's quite the roamer. Comes home with dirty feet & face. I let him in & help clean him up!
  • 12 years ago
    Can just hear the kitty's thoughts right before he heads in for the night. "Well might as well mosey on in and get my bath and call it a night" He is beautiful.:)
  • 12 years ago
    I love bright white for sofas but I went with vanilla cream......I have 3 cats all indoor but someday I will have my bright pure white. And definitely leather, they respect that leather was once a cow....but microfiber, no way, that screams destroy me to them.
  • 12 years ago
    My vanilla sofa.
  • 12 years ago
    Neutral sofas (that match our dogs' fur), but with colorful pillows.