Software
Houzz Logo Print
dave_seeburger

How do you waterproof the shower pan?

12 years ago
More construction than design, but I am interested in this type of shower/tub install and can't find any info on how to make sure it is waterproofed properly (only that it is very important to do so!). Any tips/leads/suggestions on where to find more info on this? Thanks!
Baylor · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I can't answer questions about specific waterproofing, as each situation is unique. I can tell you a wet room such as this shares waterproofing with the walls, shower floor, and the skirt of the tub. Correct waterproofing is critical for longevity and functionality of wet areas. I would suggest having a professional provide details for your situation.
  • 12 years ago
    We do fiberglass for the shower pan upand g up the wall several inches so that no matter what it won't leak. Smells really bad for a few days though. Then the rest of the backing is as per usual. Shower pans and techniques form Home Depot just are not reliable in the long run.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Use the Kerdi waterproofing system.
  • 12 years ago
    Schluter/Kerdi is available through the Home Depot.