Software
Houzz Logo Print
c8linmarie

Nervous about my choices for great room

12 years ago
Husband and I are purchasing a new-build townhome. We sold EVERYTHING from our old house, so we are starting with a clean slate. I have put together the great room on paper, but have not purchased anything yet, as I am extremely nervous about my design choices! The house is about 5-6 months from completion, so I have some time to get over my "fear of commitment".

PIC 1: floorplan, with dimensions of the great room
PIC 2: this is how I want the furniture arranged, but have not decided on a chair nor ottoman/coffee table. ** the 3 circles above the ottoman/coffee table is where a cluster of 13"-17" round pendants will hang at staggered heights **
PIC 3: this is what the builder's model of the great room looks like
PIC 4: this is the sectional I have chosen, only the color is different from the picture. I am going with a dark grey/charcoal fabric, and there will be a right arm facing chaise

Is this too much? Too little? Too safe? Not cohesive? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Comments (7)