Software
Houzz Logo Print
htjunkie007

Which end table where

12 years ago
I can't decide if I should switch the 2 end tables, one where the artwork is on is a smaller table but I like the colour matches. What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Comments (23)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I like the tall floor lamp in the far corner and the sculpture on the other end of the sofa. It looks like a switch of the end tables could work nicely, leaving the sculpture where it is.

    Another option would be to totally remove the large end table on the right end of the sofa. It's not serving much purpose. In fact, this might be the better option, remembering that less is more!
  • 12 years ago
    I agree the light should stay in the corner, but the other end table is too low for the sculpture. Could you find a different table?
  • 12 years ago
    I'll give it a try to remove the far end table, should I move the floor lamp out a bit more? I think it's too close to the corner. I had a chance to use a smaller sculpture, do you think what I have is too tall? Thanks for all suggestions!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I think the sculpture is fully visible where it is and while it would look great on a taller pedestal, I like it where it is.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Yes, I agree that the floor lamp is too close to the corner and without the table, it should move closer to the sofa.
  • 12 years ago
    Removed the corner table, pull the floor lamp out a bit. I do like the clean look there. Should I try to pull the seat closer to the love seat?
  • 12 years ago
    Sorry I know I maybe asking stupid questions but I'm trying to learn.
  • 12 years ago
    This is a better picture for the seat that's out quite a bit from the love seat.
  • 12 years ago
    Where is your rug from? It looks so fluffy and cozy. I have no design advice, I just love how your space looks!
  • 12 years ago
    I bought it from IKEA
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks, still trying to make it better if I can!
  • 12 years ago
    off subject, but is any seating facing fireplace?
  • 12 years ago
    No, there's a TV on the opposite wall of the fireplace.
  • 12 years ago
    I love how it looks without the table by the floor lamp!
    As far as the chair and loveseat go, I think it looks fine how it is! I couldn't quite tell, but as long as the chair and loveseat have the same distance from the side table, it's great... But I'm just a little bit of a "perfectionist" in that regard.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    What is it that you are calling the "seat"? Do you mean the chair or the ottoman? The ottoman should be centered on the sofa. It does appear now that the end table with the sculpture is not serving the chair at all, nor the sofa. Have you ever had it on the other side of the chair, so that if you're sitting in the chair, the end table with the sculpture would be on your right? If you choose to move the table to this new location and the sculpture blocks the TV, then I suggest you get a black pedestal in a simple square shape about 36" high, for the sculpture.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I like this black pedestal in the 11.5 x 36" size. http://www.pedestalsource.com/Economy/BlackLaminatePedestal.htm
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Here's a table that could work nicely beside the chair.
    Lansbury Hollywood Marble Top Silver Metal Clover End Table · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    Here are some pictures
  • 12 years ago
    and this is a drawing of the layout where I have the area rug and seating arrangement.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    It's really a very attractive room! What do you not like about it?
  • 12 years ago
    Had to go away and now back, removing one corner table at the far end helps and moving the floor lamp away from the corner. I was trying to perfect everything but i think it's pretty good where everything is. Much appreciate for all the suggestions.
  • 12 years ago
    this is what I would do! Move the two seater to the side of the wall below the art work - then move the bench that you are using as a coffee table now to the place where the two seater currently is and this would serve as extra seating. Then move the floor lamp from the corner and bring it a little closer to the side of the two seater (below the art work now in its new postion) and move the end table with the sculpture to the other side of the two seater in its new position (that is, one end will have the lamp and one end will have the sculpture) and move the side table with the glass top to the center and use it as a center table!