Software
Houzz Logo Print
Second story additions are a great idea for those wishing to increase their home's square footage and locate bedrooms on one level. For this homeowner, Martin Brothers Contracting expanded a 1,700 sq. ft. ranch vertically to create an elegant 4,500 sq. ft. two story house including finished lower level. http://martinbrotherscontracting.blogspot.com/2014/04/second-story-addition.html

Comments (4)

  • 11 years ago

    How much could a project like that cost?

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    For privacy reasons we do not divulge project costs with anyone other than the client. If you wish, we would be happy to provide you with design services for a fee so that project costs could be determined.

  • 11 years ago

    Sure, I realize that. I'm new here. I am in Florida but was just doing some general research. I was trying to get an idea of the financial size of the project. Obviously depends on a lot of factors but wanted to find our if $150k to $200k is enough of a budget to try to do a second story addition on a house I just bought. We are not looking to add anything extravagant, just a "bonus room" with perhaps a 1/2 bathroom and a 20x24 room. Thank for answering anyway.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    The price of a project in Indiana will be vastly different than a project in Florida. We would suggest that you contact a builder/remodeler closer to your home in Florida for pricing. You can find a builder under the Find a Pro section. Thank you.