Software
Houzz Logo Print
rclc727

help with floors!

12 years ago
moving in to a house and need to redo the floors in the living room for sure. would like to do a wood or laminate. I'm not a fan of the color of the cabinets. What color floor would I chose because the kitchen and loving room flow in to 1 room. Wish I could change the cabinets to an off white and get dark floors but I'm thinking that would be too much money to put out. help! ! Sidonia on Wall colors too!

Comments (12)

  • 12 years ago
    definately needs to be the same flooring, I am not a huge fan of laminate and prefer hardwood. If you can't afford the hardwood go for a high quality vinyl sheet floor. There are lots of great patterns some resembling hardwood even. It is very easy to mantain and you can drop an area rug over it to cozy up the couch seating area. As for colour on the wall, what do you like?
  • 12 years ago
    I would darken the walls a bit to a medium warm greige and go with light hardwood that doesn't try to match the cabinets. I've shown a light oak floor with your current wall color, with a darker wall color, and then a dark floor so you can see the difference.
  • 12 years ago
    Maybe if you go for a vinyl plank flooring like this you can save money and be able to paint the cabinets as well?
    Farmhouse Kitchen Makeover · More Info


    I have heard the rustolem kits are time consuming but work well. (for cabinets)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I think groveraxle has a great idea with the lighter wood flooring, and the dark is growing on me. If you are looking to have a wood-look, with a less expensive option, you can always look at Wood Plank Porcelain. It's a great alternative to wood flooring, yet still looks very realistic. Here are some examples of Wood Plank Porcelain in a darker and lighter color.
  • 12 years ago
    Love both colors, remember dark shows the dust.
  • 12 years ago
    I love the wood porcelain...
  • 12 years ago
    Can you tell what the pain color is in the pictures you created with the different color wood?! I love the darker tan!
  • 12 years ago
    Are you asking ME about the paint color, rclc727? Because I can't tell you what it is. I paint in Photoshop exactly the way you should, by sampling different hues and shades until I get one I like. Here's the thing: I can paint Revere Pewter or Accessible Beige on your wall--in fact I just did in another room--but it won't come out looking anything like it will look in your space.

    The best I can do is give you a paint direction. You have to go get the samples and see them in your actual room in your actual light.

    BTW, the walls in my second and third renderings are the same; they look different because of the floors.
  • 12 years ago
    Lets learn to spell, and properly put a sentence together, in paragraph format.
  • 12 years ago
    If you're just looking to do the floors then I really like the light oak in the renderings by groveraxle.
    The dark looks too heavy in your room.

    Painting the walls and cabinets are both do-able but require energy, effort, money and time. Depends what you want to give to your home.

    Congrats on your new place.
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you everyone for your help and advice!!!! @ Amanda Lancaster, I think you are on the wrong website.