Baby Girl Nursery

JessicaMay 21, 2013
I need some wall color suggestions for our Baby Girls nursery. I got this amazing bedding from Restoration Hardware, the color is called Silver Mist. It is a light blue/green grey color. I am going for a vintage, shabby chic, Victorian, cottage look. I would love to incorporate pinks, rose colors....any thoughts?
michigammemom
How about a wall color just a shade lighter than your beautiful bedding and then using a barely there pink for accessories like this shabby chic nursery?
kids'>Eclectic Kids · More Info
13 Likes    Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 1:55PM
I like michi's suggestion of the wall color similar to the bedding…peek at BM iced cube silver, or my no-fail gray cashmere
3 Likes    Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 1:59PM
carolins
That gray cashmere is beautiful (on my computer screen).
1 Like    Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 2:03PM
nking43
Try looking at the Restoration Hardware paints. They are amazing and subtle.
    Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 2:14PM
Murals Your Way
Just a few suggestions from Murals Your Way. If this isn't the look you're going for, we have over 8,000 images to choose from and you can use your own image as well. Our SmartStick material is removable, so you can redecorate her room with ease when she's older if you want to. http://www.muralsyourway.com
5 Likes    Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 2:25PM
carolins, I have gray cashmere in my front hall with a stone floor. It is an amazing color. It becomes what you want it to be…blue, gray, green. Magic!
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 2:40PM
Victoria Lane
judyg, what line is the gray cashmere in? I am looking for a similar color.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 3:17PM
foodiest
I like all the suggestions...my thought, choose a colour you love! My daughter had her own favourite by the time she was two! She's three and I'll wait until she gets a little older and change it to suit her taste!
    Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 9:27PM
rinqreation
I'd paint the chocolate brown lower wall in either a light grey-teal (or that cashmere gray) or dark salmon and add creamy pink curtains with a darker pink (fuchsia?) trim (and ribbon loops on the top?). You could paint the backboard of the cabinet too, fuchsia for example. The top part of the wall looks fine and will blend in nicely.

Ideabook: Color Guide: How to Work With Pink · See Ideabook

Steven Gambrel Time and Place · More Info

Girls Room · More Info

Duck Egg and Pink Bedroom · More Info

Nursery · More Info

Child's Bedroom · More Info
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 1:43AM
slkelly6035
how about silver grey on top part, a sweet pink on bottom, where your babe will see it when she's on the move?
Farrow and Ball has a beauty of a pink called: Middleton.
etsy also has some peel and stick decals that could make the bottom half look like wall paper, maybe a damask?
they come in many shades. Good luck!
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 2:55AM
roslynfarrar
Silver grey walls half strength on top, add rose/pink cushions etc and paint the inside of your shelves a very light dusty pink. If you like ss, why not add this whimsical print with a distressed frame....
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 3:40AM
roslynfarrar
A modern take would be to add watermelon and mint to the grey....
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 3:42AM
westtx
What beautiful colors in your bedding. I'd paint the lower wall a pale blush pink. Then I agree with the earlier suggestion do a lighter gray on the upper walls. Except, I'd make the back wall a focus wall with shirring, or bunched shimmery silver fabric stapled at ceiling and then again under chair rail. Be sure to add crown moulding to cover staples and add drama. Place the bed against the back wall, centered. Also paint bookshelf a little more intense gray, with the back of the shelf in a pink toile, polka dot or paisley wallpaper. hang a shabby chic antique white chandelier in the center of the room. Add a dresser in a pale blue or green for some visual interest. Look for knobs in a crystal vintage look. Please add a soft pink rocker with gray and white In a fabric that complements the back wallpaper in the bookshelf. Add 2 matching floor length shimmery curtains on tabs or that will puddle on the floor for Victorian drama. use pink tiebacks in the same rocker cushion fabric. Create a shabby chic hanging rack out of an old painted distressed white board, and add crystal antique doorkobs to be the hooks; then find and hang several antique layette, gown and christening gown (her future one, if possible) to hang from the knobs. If you can, add 2-3 large pillows in matching and complementary fabrics for mommy/baby cuddling and reading. Then, Be sure to add a huge ivory or silvery gray rug with pale pink ribbons woven throughout. It will lighten the whole room.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 5:59AM
bygeorgi
How about a little modern spin in the shabby chic by painting the top portion the same shade as the beautiful bedding and a deeper more gray tone on the bottom. In addition, swap out the vintage rocker for a more mod piece or paint it maybe a salmon pink and a large patterned area rug to play your old against new, it would be soo hip and pretty shabby chic at the same time. Congrats btw....
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 9:09AM
Cusano Construction Company Inc.
I'm a sucker for pinks and purples for a girl nursery. This nursery we did had to 2 shades of pink and 2 shades of purple
1 Like    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 2:28PM
Sherri Cosner
pick up the green color for walls out of fabric, that is if you dont want the typical pink for girls. I would do white or creamy doors, moldings for contrast and either white or chocolate/ebony baby furniture. Add a few lamps with different watt bulbs for easy nigh time glow, like 25 watt pink bulb to one lamp at least. Cushy comfortable chair or loveseat, soft fabrics and a couple pillows and a keep a throw handy for you and her to cuddle on difficult nights. Make sure you have enough storage space to put things away, de-clutter a room makes baby and Mom rest and sleep better. Cozy carpet/rug for barefeet. Hope this helps, good luck, post to let us see finished room
    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 3:04PM
Emerson Brothers, LLC. Home Remodeling
I would add some white bead board wainscoting to the lower half of the wall and some crown molding. You may also want to add a pretty chandelier over the crib. I would also add some pink and grays in the accents in the room- art, chairs, and small furniture pieces.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 3:44PM
dooders1981
The bed under a window is not safe. A toddler can reach up and bang on that window or hit with a toy and break it. Please move the crib to another wall before any decorating.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 8:47PM
restoredtreasurestoo
I think soft hues like these would be very nice and calming for a baby's room
4 Likes    Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 9:58PM
restoredtreasurestoo
Then you can add a soft, subtle mural like one of these, I love the last one
3 Likes    Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 10:04PM
nancy22032
I truly hate to rain on your parade but you should consult the recommendations titled "Safe Bedding practices for Infants" from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the U. S. Consumer Safety Commission, and the National Institute of Child Health and Safety. They strongly recommend against soft items like comforters, crib bumpers, etc. being placed in a baby bed. The crib bumpers (liners) have been considered expecially detrimental. The strongest recommendation is that the baby be dressed in a warm sleeper with no blankets at all. Google it.
14 Likes    Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 11:52PM
bygeorgi
Yes as Nancy22032 stated ... remove the bumper, I always used the comforter when I was rocking my daughter, so it would be good just using it as a throw. It's easier to peak in on your baby when the bumper is gone any way.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 7:45AM
mkhooks
I have found the easiest way to decorate a room is to start with a piece of art for the wall. Pick something that sets the mood for the room. From the art work pick out your favorite color and put it on the wall. Then use a few of the other colors in accessories.
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 8:35AM
Wendi Brotherton Design
paint... a soft shade of pink. look at benjamin moores 'fairest pink' # 2092-70 then choose some small pieces of art that you love with both (and other colors) to tie it all together!
1 Like    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 8:42AM
Jessica
It would be great if everyone just stuck to design and decor comments. That is what this site is for, if you want to go advocate for baby safety that is on another site. I'm not an idiot nancy22032 I know once the baby sleeps in the crib (I'm only 5 months pregnant) that the bumper will go! But until she is born and while she is sleeping in a bassinet for the first few months her little crib looks adorable!!!! And seriously dooders1981 if by the time my baby can stand and the crib mattress is basically to the floor, she can reach anywhere near that window....I will be calling the Guinness book of world records because I will have the tallest baby EVER!!!
Thank you to everyone else for the DESIGN comments!
8 Likes    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 6:50PM
tanjamarie
Pink is a great color for a girl. Watch out for that rose color not so great
    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 7:36PM
Cheery Curtains
What about this curtain design for the window?
Embroidered Floral and Velvet Appliqué Grommet Dupioni Silk Curtains · More Info

Plaid curtains · More Info
    Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 8:06PM
Schroeder Design Group, NCIDQ, Licensed
Hi,
Can you paint the rocking chair in a lovely but soft rose color? Or at least in the white of the furniture.....
And, re; the Silver Mist color,,,,you want one color,,,,Silver mist, to take precedence,,,but still make it look like a baby daughter's room.....therefore, I would not paint the walls in pinks at all.....How about a soft white, similar to the white in the furniture on the walls, eggshell or matte finish. or a soft, possibly lighter shade of the fabric. Take off the chair rail, no need for one, those were overused and meant for a dining area anyway. Chops the room in half, makes it shorter......Soft white in the carpet color...yes it can stain, but in a flat weave with a removable round area rug that incorporates the rose, pinks, silver mist color in something organic, floral, feminine.....wood floors would be better. The floor length drapery panels are good, I would hang them on wide white rods with pretty finials ...and use some large artwork to add the color to the walls...a couple of white pretty shelves with colorful accessories,,,,,,,.or have someone paint tendrils on and up the ceiling with flowers pulling in the color...if the walls are pink at all the room will be too much 50/50 pink and blue and look really,,,well,just not right..... accessorizing & a colorful area rug would be best...........Time for pop of wild color when she is older, in my opinion.
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 5:44AM
lmiller80
Mindful Grey by SW
    Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 6:38AM
Kelly Luzier
I can't remember the name of the color but I went to Sherwin Williams for our little girl's nursery in search of a rose/taupe color. We found one and that's a great color for girls' room, girly enough but not saccharine sweet.
    Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 7:17AM
gigi4bee
I love a mix of ballet pink with a light robin's egg blue and pastel green. Will all blend beautifully with your bedding. Decorate your nursery and raise your baby how you see fit. Paint something for your daughter. And enjoy being pregnant. Try to prepare yourself for much unsolicited advice regarding your little one. And people touching your stomach. Just remember, for the most part, they mean well. Think of them as a nosy old Aunt. Bite your tongue and smile. Its a wonder anyone over 40 survived their childhood!
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 7:58AM
sywk
Hey, have fun doing your daughters bedroom. Here are some ideas. My friend did the pom poms and they look great! really easy to make too. You have a great room to work with!
1 Like    Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 8:40AM
sywk
And some more.....
    Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 8:50AM
sywk
WOW! That last photo I posted is the same as your cot.....I love it ;-)
    Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 8:53AM
beansie
Have a calligrapher friend letter a 5" x 7" card with ...love at first sight..! ,
frame it and find the perfect spot for it in her new room..!
    Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 10:26AM
iryssa
I definitely thing the wall color has to change: that blue would look fantastic with a rosy pink! The other thing I would do is put matching curtains on both windows, but I'd steer away from the tabs for the look you're going for. You could sew/pin the tabs to the back of your current curtains, then add a trim to the bottom that is a little "regal" to bring them right to the floor. I may even go a step further and do two layers of contrasting curtains (in a baby room I think you can get away with being more dramatic), then you can even do away with the roller blinds, and you can adjust the light level very easily by tying back one or both layers :)
    Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 12:47PM
iryssa
this feeling, but a little more toned down for the curtains http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6b/9f/34/6b9f34b2048b21c57abb8daf6879e20b.jpg
1 Like    Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 12:52PM
blushingbrood
Pastels are an up and coming trend. I would choose a pastel pink either icy pink or one with a touch of brown like Benjamin Moore's sunlit coral 2170-60. Here's a link (look below the big swatch for a color palette similar to yours.) http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/sunlitcoral Another nice one is Sun Washed 2169-70. http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/sunwashed. I'd love to see "after" pics. Congratulations on your new little one.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 7:54PM
Eclipse Designs Inc. by Celina Basagoitia
I will use a very light pink in the same tone of the pink flowers you have in the base. The bedding as I can see has very light grey, that is why I suggest to go with a very soft light pink. If you want to add a different color you can use a very light soft yellow.
    Bookmark   May 27, 2013 at 12:10PM
Oopsy Daisy, Fine Art for Kids
Hi Jessica, we LOVE the shabby chic look and have a lot of art in that style. We recommend finding artwork for a room first, then that makes choosing a color palette and accessories a cinch. This nursery has the sort of feel you're describing:
Project: Ballerinas Pretty Pink Nursery · See Project
. You'll find the ballerina artwork on our site.
These artists may also have something you're looking for - they've all got a vintage, shabby chic style.
Sally Bennett (image 1 "Lollipop Fawn") http://www.oopsydaisy.com/store/?artist=308
Meghann O'Hara (Image 2 "Rae the Bunny - Pink") http://www.oopsydaisy.com/store/?artist=297
Karina Bania (Image 3 "Tea for Two) http://www.oopsydaisy.com/store/shop.html?artist=304
Aaron Christensen (Image 4 "Bird Princess") http://www.oopsydaisy.com/store/shop.html?artist=278&theme=175
We've also got loads more artwork to help get you started, this is just a sample! Check out our site for more choices and styles - we license artwork from tons of talented artists. Happy decorating!
1 Like    Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 10:46AM
Murals and more by Patrice
I saw this pretty vintage nursery on Project Nursery today. The color of the room is called Benjamin Moore Pink Bliss. I love the color of the pale blue shabby chic nursery above, but if you want to go with a pale pink, I think this could work for you. With the right accessories... like a vintage crystal chandelier, it would be so pretty!! http://projectnursery.com/projects/vintage-inspired-classic-soft-pink-nursery/
1 Like    Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 6:59PM
bellsflat
A lovely rich olive green is wonderful with pinks through to the dark claret/burgundy shades. Feminine but not frothy. Check out Dulux's Apparition - quite a light peaceful olive shade which will induce good sleeping habits!
    Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 1:53AM
Summer Thornton Design, Inc
if you want vintage/shabby chic, have you considered a vintage wallpaper?
    Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 2:24PM
Jessica
Murals and more by Patrice, that is perfect! I think you found my color! Thank you!
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 7:08PM
Genevieve
Megan Cadogan · More Info
]
Carnival Style Wood K Letter Distressed Wall Decor By Edie's Lab · More Info
]
1 Like    Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 7:14PM
Sierra Jones
I think I had the same crib for my son...:) It definetely looks better mixed with pinks!

I really don't have design advise, as I have 5 boys.....WISH I could be decorating a pink room. Lol. Just some advise...mom- to -mom-to-be...

I can't believe the nerve of some commenters to be so judgemental when your room is clearly not even set up for baby yet! Let me tell you, I had my 1st 12 years ago when the bumpers were 5 inches thick, and we put comforters, teddy bears, mobiles, man...everything in the crib with the baby. Back then, there were no safety concerns, and we didn't know any better. But you know what...my son survived! I have since used bumpers, (not as thick) for every one of my kids. It is a personal choice, but the most important thing is making sure they are not too thick, floppy, and properly tied. My babies are forever getting hands and legs caught in between the spindles of the crib, and the bumpers prevent this.

The window...really?? My 2 year old's crib is in front of a window...NEVER a concern. The window has a lock, and really like you said yourself...reach the window?? It would be years.......BREAK the window???? What kind of HULK baby are we talking about?? LOL

Other moms and older moms tend to be very judgemental with 'new' moms, but relax, you will know exactly what to do when she comes, and you'll be wonderful! Good luck and all the best! And the room looks BEAUTIFUL!
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 9:26AM
Jessica
Thanks Sierra!
    Bookmark   May 31, 2013 at 9:44AM
Genevieve
The bedding and bed are breathless, I can really see it coming together , the Grey Cashmere sure is beautiful .
About that comment regarding the window .... I can see where the lady is concerned about it.I don't see any harm in her comment . . If you have room perhaps you could place the crib on an angle just like in this picture ,this will give you some room to hang this style of curtain .
.
Murals Your Way in Action! · More Info

Crystorama Angelina Blush 12" High Mini Chandelier · More Info
    Bookmark   June 1, 2013 at 4:59AM
Jessica
So I think I found my colors. The pink bliss(far right in 1st pic) by sw was too light. So I'm going with first light(far left in 1st pic) on the top of chair rail and honey nut(middle in 1st pic) on bottom! I'll be sure to post final product once hubby paints!!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 5:01PM
I would top in a cream. And bottom in a silver blue, or ice blue from bedding. Place dolls in chair in bookcase. Paint rocker the pink. Walls should be close to bedding color.
    Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 12:04PM
Blinds Direct Canada
first off i absolutley love the bedding! I would recommend a customer roman shade incoperation the silver and rose pink color by banding the roman i'll attach a picture blow.

http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/blinds-toronto/shades-toronto/roman-blinds.html
    Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 12:51PM
Love idea if balloon roman style on windows. In color from bedding with some pink and green.
    Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 2:55PM
Murals on walls instead of art. Maybe Alice in Wonderland look.
    Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 2:57PM
I would combine the two a very light grey and soft pink, it will look very little girls room! Also you can have a mural on the main wall as suggested above but I will keep it a soft theme so it goes with the look and the window treatment use the same colors for the fabric.
    Bookmark   July 3, 2013 at 9:13AM
How is room coming? I know it will be fit for princess.
    Bookmark   July 9, 2013 at 3:49PM
PurePhoto.com
How about some whimsical photography? We have a lot of great florals that would look great. Check out purephoto.com and let me know if you have questions.
    Bookmark   July 9, 2013 at 3:54PM
Jessica
So here are some updates on the nursery. We ended up removing the chair rail completely. I moved furniture around to accommodate our monitor (not because of comments made above!). We are not 100% done, I am waiting on valances being made by my mom for the 2nd window and a couple art pieces. The art over the crib was painted by my dad in 1971 a reproduction of a Monet painting.
    Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 12:47PM
Jessica
more pics
    Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 12:48PM
Jessica
more
    Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 12:51PM
Jessica
Paint color is Benjamin Moore First Light
    Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 12:53PM
bygeorgi
yummy pink...looks very sweet
    Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 4:24PM
laurent545
I would keep the white strip in the middle and do light grey on the bottom and a pink on the top maybe with grey polka dots if your into that. I love the crib!
    Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 4:37PM
hollywaterfall
Jessica-what a sweet room. I was going to recommend a rosy pink/mauve for the walls but I like the soft pink that you have chosen. Your dad's picture also looks lovely in the room. Your new baby girl is lucky to have such a lovely family and room.
    Bookmark   August 17, 2013 at 7:56AM
Twin Baby Girls Nursery
C J
Need Color Help
I'm doing a baby girl's nursery and would love to put...
erinwalchak
I am in love with this nursery, is there somewhere where I can see additional photos?
This is the inspiration I am using for my baby girl's...
ambercastro
Need help with our baby girls nursery...colors, bedding???
New construction so we have a blank canvas. Only two...
bailey510
Not sure where to start with baby girl nursery.
We just moved into our new house and the nursery is...
Teri Brockman
Need help on neighborhood survey questions
I need everyone's help forumlating questions for a...
hayleydaniels
Calling all mid century modern enthusiasts!
Well, I tried to gather interest in my local area for...
jen046
Wallpaper for Accent wall in Living/Dining Room
Will this wallpaper look good on the accent wall behind...
pracheeti
living room seating issue
These are images of my living room. The last image...
Kelley Dockrey
bagaimana cara verval padamu negeri
saya sedang mengalami kendala dalam melakun entri data...
ardi purnama