Software
Houzz Logo Print
iggysmom

Paint color of lower cabinets? Treatment on butcher block?

12 years ago
Cottage Kitchen Update - Before and After · More Info

Comments (6)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi Iggysmom,

    The lower cabinet colour is Saybrook sage HC 114 by Benjamin Moore. Always remember a paint colour can look quite different depending on the time of day and it's location in the home. From the above photo the colour definitely has a blue hue to it but Saybrook sage is more on the green side with blue undertones.

    As for the countertop it was purchased at IKEA and was the Numerar countertop in oak finished with a simple mineral oil IKEA sells. Unfortunately it appears they do not sell the oak any longer. Instead it is beech. I think it's pretty close to what I have here. http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20057854/ Good luck!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    One thing, if you like more of the bluish colour I had also considered Wedgewood gray HC-146 Benjamin Moore. It is closer to the colour you are seeing in this photo :)
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you for your info, good point about color, I really love what you did!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    You are very kind :) Thank you!
  • 12 years ago
    So do you think it's ok to mix cabinet styles? Looks like the blue cabinets were probably the old cabinets that were painted and then you have the newer white distressed cabinets?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi,

    The newer white distressed cabinet which you are seeing is in fact a buffet which I purchased to work as an island as well as additional counter space. Here is the link http://wickeremporium.ca/cabinets-shelving/cabinets/sideboards-buffets/lunenburg-three-drawer-buffet-12924. As this project was simply to update,brighten and make the kitchen more functional, I thought this was a nice, well priced, cottagey piece to act as additional counter space. Hope that helps!
Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations