Software
Houzz Logo Print
wallace150

I have a shaded area where I prefer to use similar grass... any sugges

12 years ago
I have a shaded area where I prefer to use similar grass... any suggestions?
World's End · More Info

Comments (2)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The grasses won't grow in shade.
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Though the plants wouldn't be on the same scale as these, some examples of grass-like textured plants you could consider for a morning sun/lightly shaded area are Dietes iridioides, agapanthus, daylilies, and liriope, Pampas grass, which does grow very similarly to the plants in the photo, is said to tolerate part shade. The foliage is also quite sharp, so...
    You should also consider what plant zone you're in--most of these would do best in zones 6 and up. For Dietes, zones 8 and up.
Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio