Software
Houzz Logo Print
sidney523

Can you tell me what kind of wood is on this staircase? I know it's a custom stain.

14 years ago
Curved Staircase · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Red Oak
  • 14 years ago
    Thanks for answering!
  • 14 years ago
    Thanks for all of the responses! This is the look we are going for...but we have an 100 year old house with yellow birch floors. Just trying to determine how they will take the stain. I have heard there can be some issues with both birch and maple and darker stains because the grain is so tight. They are going to water pop them first, but I am still concerned about the consistency, richness of the darker color. These are beautiful, but I have also heard that Red and White Oak both do really well with staining. Just don't want to regret it:)
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    What is the stain mix you used and the finish? I love these floors, I also have bare red oak and am in the process of staining which has been very frustrating because I am not getting this color and finish. :( Help please!!!