Software
Houzz Logo Print
katpl

knobs

12 years ago
how did you determine the positions of the knobs. Is the center in line with the beginning of the inset? My kitchen guy wanst to go 4 1/2 inches up (on the uppers) and down (on base cabinets). I want to stay close to the corner like yours. Whats your advice?
Heritage Paint Kitchen Island · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thank you for your question. It’s personal preference, I like to go in the center of the stile on a door, lining up with the bottom of the top /or bottom rail of the door. - Wendy @ Dura
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Here is also a great blog that our designer Wendy Anderson wrote about choosing where to place hardware... I hope this is helpful.

    http://www.durasupreme.com/blog/hardware-guidelines
  • 11 years ago
    thank you. My kitchen guy wanted to move the knobs about 3-4 inches up. A designer who helped us wanted handles in the stiles. I just didnt like either of their suggestions and looked at a million photos to make up my mind. I chose your model, my handles are in the middle and the knobs about 2 1/2 " up. I was concerned because out top drawers are not high and "the middle" only a bit more than 1". But it wokrs great wit the handles we chose , looks fantastic and is easy to use
  • 11 years ago
    I meant top rail. She suggested handles in the top rail. It looks cool but a more modern look than we were going for
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I'm glad you figured out what works best for your design. It's all a personal preference. There is no right or wrong for placement as long as you can still open you cabinet. Have a great day! Mandi @ Dura
    katpl thanked Dura Supreme Cabinetry