Software
Houzz Logo Print
matuboys

need help with front yard makeover

12 years ago
last modified: 12 years ago
I am ready to change our boring front yard. I want to take out the concrete path that leads to the door and add a new path. Was thinking either flagstone or pavers but open to other ideas. I also want to add a paver patio where the tree is located and add outdoor seating. I am not sure how far the patio should extend past the concrete square at the doorway. Possibly to where the current path meets the grass? I will be removing the grass too. Should the patio wrap around the square concrete by the door? Should the front of the patio be square or curvy to match the wall along the hillside? Also not sure if the paver patio should connect to the driveway ( so the pavers meet up to the concrete) or leave a space for plants between the driveway and the patio. I would need a path to connect the driveway to the patio with a path that also leads to doorway. I also thought a fire pit with pergola would be nice. i have no design sense regarding layout for this project. photoshop ideas anyone. i am visual but drawing it out on paper is daunting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are in California on the central coast.

Comments (7)