Software
Houzz Logo Print
c7000376

My fireplace project.

12 years ago
Painted my fireplace grey and tones of grey

Comments (22)

  • 12 years ago
    Looks terrific! Can you describe how you did it?
  • 12 years ago
    I cleaned it well with a wire brush to remove all the loose bits of grout. Cleaned it with tsp. Painted the entire surface with 2 coats with a light grey colour. Cut out a sponge the same size as the bricks. Used a paint tray and used a paint brush to get a thin coat of paint on the part of the tray you usually roll out the roller on. Stuck my sponge on that and started stamping the bricks. I wanted different consistencies so I used different pressures on the sponge. And I did this with 4 different colours.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Excellent......It looks wonderful......
  • 12 years ago
    That is impressive. Well worth your time and effort!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Well done Christine b, looks great!
  • 12 years ago
    Amazing. Well done.
  • 12 years ago
    Fabulous transformation!
  • 12 years ago
    One of the best fireplace transformations I have seen. Great job!
  • 12 years ago
    I usually do not like painted brick, but you did a great job!
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you for the explanation. It turned out really, really, well with the varied colors. I'm thinking of doing something to my monster fireplace wall and this might work.
  • 12 years ago
    Wow!!!!!that looks amazing!!!
  • 12 years ago
    What a difference! Bravo!
  • 12 years ago
    Fly4fun - that would totally work on your fireplace!!
  • 10 years ago

    Fabulous job!


  • 10 years ago
    Very cool and creative great job.
  • 10 years ago

    It looks very nice. A lot more modern and contemporary.

  • 10 years ago

    Very nicely done!

  • 10 years ago

    Absolutely perfect!

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Great update!


  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Time well spent with all of those sponges. Looks great!
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Great transformation with just a little paint and an artistic eye!