Software
Houzz Logo Print
kauferdesigns

$500.00 transformed this little girl's room - Color, color, color!

12 years ago
last modified: 12 years ago
Paint can really transform a space. Colorful flowers painted on the wall over the bed to create a headboard look. More flowers and polka dots painted on the little table, flowers on the dresser and color block on the wall. Remnants of colorful fabrics in stripes, polka dots and prints. When combined together in the same color family, works! Terry cloth pillows with initial are made from inexpensive towels. Removed the closet doors and added fabric panels, no more pinched fingers! Go Go Girlie!
This makeover was finished in 2007 and it is still in style!

Comments (38)

  • 12 years ago
    Very Creative!!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked User
  • 12 years ago
    Wow, this room is beautiful, makes me want to update my daughter's space.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Kim White
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Nice, she must love it.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Dawson & Clinton
  • 12 years ago
    Such a sweet room.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Emily Hurley
  • 12 years ago
    adorable! great ideas - mom's of little girls.... go for it!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked AllAmericanAmy
  • 12 years ago
    Excellent work.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Donna Lyman Semar
  • 12 years ago
    I like your creativity, but don't like the colors.
  • 12 years ago
    so whimsical love it!!!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Annalee Stallman
  • 12 years ago
    I don't see how it could be any cuter. And I love the colors.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Dixie Henrie
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    It's adorable and perfect to grow with!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked NEVERENDING ROOM
  • 12 years ago
    i love it!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Rhonda-Hilda Schmierer
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    painting that dark wood trim white made an amazing difference. Nice room.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Sharron Sinclair
  • 12 years ago
    such a great idea to replace the closet doors with the colorful curtains. A wonderful re-do!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked adrianagores
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    So cute! And I might have to whip up a few terry cloth pillows now. What a great idea!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked hambirg
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    What a wonderful transformation! Great example of how a little money can go a long way with just a little bit of creativity, paint and elbow grease!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Arianne Bellizaire Interiors
  • 12 years ago
    awesome! love it!
  • 12 years ago
    How do you make a valance like that?
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Christine Hess_OConnell
  • 12 years ago
    Wow! Amazing transformation! Adorable!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Monica Mullholand
  • 12 years ago
    You did an amazing job and love it more that you spent so much less than most would pay.
    I love decorating like this and it shows you have exquisite taste!!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked eewalker
  • 12 years ago
    How beautiful! I'm inspired (and a bit jealous).
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Sheryl Prince
  • 12 years ago
    I like it, very cute.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Jane Burgett
  • 12 years ago
    Oh WOW, beautiful...I was shocked! Great site with great designers, very inspiring!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked gracey999
  • 12 years ago
    Love it and love the colors! I just wrapped a BD gift for my favorite 4 year old little girl and those are the colors I used. This room would make any little girl smile!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Gina P
  • 12 years ago
    Very nice..
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Sakha Shammas
  • 12 years ago
    super cute!!! great job :)
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Natalie Baker
  • 12 years ago
    Very nice!!!!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked littlemissk
  • 12 years ago
    I love it. What a fabulous place to be a girl. I love the idea of the table and chairs.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Sandie DeCoste
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Lovely, but I do not understand sticking furniture into closets, that part seems a bit foolish.
  • 12 years ago
    Beautiful. Flowers are well done and I really like the idea of painting on on the wall for a headboard - smart!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked grobby
  • 12 years ago
    This is amazing. Proof that you don't need a fortune to create a beautiful space. Imagination and creativity are priceless.
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked dannielleb
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    dannielleb, there is another closet in the room (3 separate closets) 2 of them were wasted space. Would have loved to have removed the walls into the closet but with the limited budget we made the 2 into a dressing up and mock up stage area.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Now here's an example where a painting behind a headboard looks just great!
    Karen & Joseph
    for Decorative Philosophy
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    When I was 13 and permitted to have my own "princess phone", I asked as well if I could remove the sliding doors to my closet and make it my "phone booth". Mom & Dad agreed and what a great cozy space I had with my long corded phone to lounge and chat! THAT'S why it is great to have furniture in a closet or to use a closet for a cozy nook!
    Karen
    for Decorative Philosophy
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    AS for valances: They can be permanent structures very sturdy and complex made of wood, upholstered/padded and bolted to the wall with brackets, or they can be a project that takes some skill with a mat knife and some 1/2 " foam core, fabric & staple gun. Karen made quick ones like this for Veronica's room when she was born almost 18 years ago. They were secured to the wall with 2" long bank pins ( any well stocked display shop or craft place has them, they are thin and easy to hammer in without making large holes in the wall). The beautiful fabric was repeated in the bed skirt and skirted table. They were deep enough so that there was really no need for blinds or curtains (the tree cover was thick at this level of the house). They are still in place today as Veronica starts packing to leave for University. So quick, relatively simple, long lasting and light! Just clean with one of those dry sponges or a lint roller.
    Joseph
    for Decorative Philosophy
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Decorative Philosophy
  • 12 years ago
    Awesome!!!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked smellybelly
  • 12 years ago
    Soooo cute! Love the framed barbie clothes!!!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked Davis Robin
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Great transformation. Very girlie and cute!
    Kelli Kaufer Designs thanked SoCal Contractor