Software
Houzz Logo Print
lhflmd

Island Drawers

12 years ago
How wide are the two drawers on island? I'm trying to figure out what the minimum width should be on an island for pots and pans. Beautiful work!
Chestnut Street · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Id recommend 36" if you have it. Dimensions are in the drawing on Houzz.
    lhflmd thanked Studio Dearborn
  • 12 years ago
    I have pots and pans in drawers as small as 15 inches. A saucepan easily fits in an 18 inch drawer. I also have 24 in and 30 in drawers. My preference is 24 inches.

    I think any combination which looks balanced in terms of banks of drawers will work. But, bear in mind that very wide drawers often have divided top drawers (in Ikea any drawer 30 and over has two shallow top drawers instead of one), and narrow shallow drawers are not so useful.
    lhflmd thanked colonialdutchess
  • 12 years ago
    Do you suggest the same width for a peg board to hold dishes and bowls, or can it be less in width. Thanks.
  • 12 years ago
    What finish is on the cabinet? Love it!